Scott Grove

Telfer

Welcome aboard Scotty! No doubt you'll often get perplexed inquires about that awesome Iceman you're wielding...the only one of its kind on planet earth! Ibanez body, strat pups, PRS bridge...all groovy!

straightblues

Welcome. How the heck many guitars do you own? Whenever I am considering a new guitar, I look up videos to check them out and almost every time you have a video of the guitar I am interested in.

Doctor Groovy

Howdy folks. Be GROOVY!
Welcome aboard Scotty! No doubt you'll often get perplexed inquires about that awesome Iceman you're wielding...the only one of its kind on planet earth! Ibanez body, strat pups, PRS bridge...all groovy!
Many thanks! Yeah, I love that axe. It couldn't have turned out any better. Hoping to pick up some new topics that people could use some help or a different perspective with. YouTube is the easiest way to do that. But, you do take your knocks from the haters. lol You'll have to point me out to the GROOVY people around here. Thanks for being the first to drop me a line!
Scott

Doctor Groovy

Welcome. How the heck many guitars do you own? Whenever I am considering a new guitar, I look up videos to check them out and almost every time you have a video of the guitar I am interested in.
Howdy! I've HAD a little over 3,000 guitars over the years and about 3,000 of them have been AFTER I got off the road and stopped performing. I just didn't have ANYWHERE to KEEP anything at all being on someone's bus or in a VW pulling a trailer all the time. lol I have gone overboard for sure over these past 12 or so years. So, I currently have around 150 guitars in my music room. I tend to get bored of the collections easily after I've done some reviews etc. on them......then I sell them all and start over again. It just thrills me to no end to ATTEMPT to have owned at least one of everything before I kick the bucket. I can't think of any other way I would want to live my life at the moment. Just eat,drink,sleep,dream guitars. These goofy things sure are a blast for an old dude to tool around with.

straightblues

Very cool. I have owned over 200 and I thought that was a lot. 3,000 is amazing. Keep the videos coming. They are very helpful.

Doctor Groovy

Very cool. I have owned over 200 and I thought that was a lot. 3,000 is amazing. Keep the videos coming. They are very helpful.
200 is a butt load. lol I never REALLY get to have FUN with any of these guitars beyond doing a review. Just not enough time in a lifetime to do so. BUT...you sure do find out what you really, really like in an axe. I've gone back and bought some of the guitars back from who I sold them to because there always ends up being a few you just can't do without. Hell, if you find like 5 guitars that truly trip your trigger, that is plenty enough for anybody....all the rest are just one night stands. lol I'm glad you enjoy the videos. GROOVY Holidays to you!

Telfer

Hoping to pick up some new topics that people could use some help or a different perspective with. YouTube is the easiest way to do that. But, you do take your knocks from the haters.
The nature of the internet exaggerates people's reactions to everything.

Most guitar reviews on youtube are really just advertisements.

If you do a review of a guitar that costs $2000-3000, and point out all its flaws...everyone who owns that guitar is going to attack you.

Doctor Groovy

The nature of the internet exaggerates people's reactions to everything.

Most guitar reviews on youtube are really just advertisements.

If you do a review of a guitar that costs $2000-3000, and point out all its flaws...everyone who owns that guitar is going to attack you.
True, but......it's actually amazing how many folks have come back 5 or 10 years later and apologized and they dumped that axe for the same reasons that I mentioned. They simply grew as a musician and started noticing things in other guitars that simply worked a lot better for them than the folks in the forums etc. coaxed them into buying. If you get enough information from them and what they are wanting from it, it's pretty easy to let them know what will suit them best. The best part is to find them something that doesn't cost much. There are so many axes on the "Island of Misfit Toys" that have really been overlooked that are incredible that need to be picked up before they catch on and triple in price next year. ALL the problems with guitars have been solved by somebody. It's just how much of a cork sniffer they end up being, but...if they are open to an axe that has EVERYTHING perfect about it that they describe to me....it's amazing how many good, old Matsumoku axes will fit the bill much better than what they are using. I simply hope they can find one and take it for a test drive before they come at me like a barking dog. lol

straightblues

....it's amazing how many good, old Matsumoku axes will fit the bill much better than what they are using. I simply hope they can find one and take it for a test drive before they come at me like a barking dog. lol

I bought a 1984 Electra Westone Phoenix last week for $140. It is simply an amazing ax. I am totally shocked by how good it is.

Last edited:

Doctor Groovy

I bought a 1984 Electra Westone Phoenix last week for $140. It is simply an amazing ax. I am totally shocked by how good it is.
SUPERB AXES! Congrats. So, you just picked up a guitar that can EASILY keep up with, or surpass anything else made now or since the beginning of guitars. That axe can last you a lifetime and now you can just play it without having to try to keep chasing down a guitar that is BETTER than it is. You picked it up for the price of a fairly decent USED guitar case. lol I'd have to say that you just won that game. You're also not walking around with a guitar that looks like every one of about 5 guitars that people see multiples of everyday. To see a Phoenix, you usually have to do a Google Image search. I would like to find one with the matching maple fingerboard and headstock. Once again....CONGRATULATIONS!

S1Player

GROOVY! I see that you found you an S-1. Such awesome guitars. Thanks for the "WELCOME". Where are the dancing girls at? lol

Yes. I did find an S1. First, due to Steve Cropper. Then, saw your many videos about the US Made Peaveys. Added a Firenza with P90's. Someday, I'll add an S3 to the collection. Great guitars.

shovelhead82

Welcome to TGP. I have watched a few of your informative videos on you tube. 3,000 guitars? As others have said, wow!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom