Scott Henderson - Such a Bad @ss

TopDog

"jumping the valence"
Gold Supporting Member
I agree!

I saw him 2 weeks ago live for the first time in NY. He was great, very impressed hearing him live. Band was not too shabby either.

Got to chat with him too. Nice guy, funny as all heck too.

CharAznable

Silver Supporting Member
Saw him at the Iridium with Mike Clark and Jeff Berlin. What a show!

And saw him a decade earlier with Kirk Convington in Costa Rica. That gig was basically a blueprint for me: how to play blues in a melodic manner instead of just playing licks

lhallam

Platinum Supporting Member
I agree!

I saw him 2 weeks ago live for the first time in NY. He was great, very impressed hearing him live. Band was not too shabby either.

Got to chat with him too. Nice guy, funny as all heck too.
I don't see any shows online. I would've gone up to NYC to see him. Sorry I missed it.

forgivenman

Silver Supporting Member
Crazy- I was just listening to this a few hours ago. Some of his stuff is mind blowing. Some doesn’t resonate with me at all

Blix

Wannabe Shredder
Silver Supporting Member
Would say the quirkiest part of his rig is his use of a volume pot over a volume pedal in his pedal chain.
I agree with his use. I use a volume pedal for swells and that's it. Using one for overall volume is pretty jumpy, hard to make minute adjustments :)

ddog

Gold Supporting Member
Baked potatoe series...:eek:...scott's on a nother planet...actual proof live is pretty incredible...awesome players...You know one thing about his left hand technique that I have always wondered about and tried to do...I rarely see him use a 4th digit when he plays?

Last edited:

twoheadedboy

One of my favorites and I love his work on Billy Cobham's tune Stratus.

I love Scott, both as a player and a person. He is so hilarious, vulnerable and informative on the GuitarWank podcast. I've learned two very important lessons about music from him:

1. You need to understand and much music theory and you can, but when you are writing music, you don't have to think about theory at all. Instead, you can just follow your ear and figure out later what you did.
2. In music (and many other things in life), it's not about what you know. It's about what you can do with what you know.

Last edited:

Trending Topics