• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Scott Henderson Tour!

tribalfusion

I am absolutely loving Scott's new album and I thought I would let everyone know here about his tour dates in the US, South America and Europe:

http://www.scotthenderson.net/touring.htm

http://www.truthinshredding.com/2015/06/scott-henderson-new-album-and-live-2016.html

SCOTT HENDERSON BAND
with
SCOTT HENDERSON - guitar
TRAVIS CARLTON - bass guitar & ALAN HERTZ - drums
(ERNEST TIBBS - bass guitar; only on July 24)

USA/MEXICO TOUR 2015
Fri, July 10 - Studio City, Los Angeles, CA (Baked Potato)
Fri, July 24 - Santiago de Quéretaro, Mexico (Festival Internacional Jazz de Verano)
Thu Sep 10 - Chicago, IL (Reggie's) w/Marbin
Fri, Sep 11 - Chicago, IL (Reggie's) w/Marbin
Sun, Sep 13 - Austin, TX (Wobeon Festival, Ironwood Hall)
Wed, Sep 16 - New York, NY (The Iridium)
Thu, Sep 17 - New York, NY (The Iridium)
Sat, Sep 19 - Auburn Hills, MI (Callahan's)
Sun, Sep 20 - Auburn Hills, MI (Callahan's)

EUROPEAN TOUR 2015
(more info to be announced soon)
Thu, October 8 - Uppsala, Sweden
Fri, October 9 - Uppsala, Sweden
Sat, October 10 - Moscow, Russia
Sun, October 11 - Astana, Kazakhstan
Tue, October 13 - Tromso, Norway
Wed, October 14 - Tromso, Norway
Thu, October 15 - Munich, Germany
Sat, October 17 - Delemont, Switzerland
Tue, October 20 - Bologna Italy

SOUTH AMERICAN TOUR 2015
(more info To be announced soon)
Fri, October 23 - Valparaiso, Chile
Sat, October 24 - Colina, Chile
Sun, October 25 - Puerto Montt, Chile
Mon, October 26 - Santiago, Chile
Thu, October 29 - Rancagua, Chile
Fri, October 30 - La Paz, Bolivia
Sat, October 31 - Lima, Peru
Mon, November 2 - Buenos Aires, Argentina
Tue, November 3 - Cordoba, Argentina
Thu, November 5 - Azul, Argentina
Fri, November 6 - Rosario, Argentina
Sat, November 7 - Buenos Aires, Argentina
Sun, November 8 - Montevideo, Uruguay
Mon, November 9 - Mar Del Plata, Argentina

November 10/11/12/13/14/15 - more shows to be confirmed soon. Stay tuned.

rollyfoster

Silver Supporting Member
I've never heard of Wobeon Festival or Ironwood hall but if I'm in town I'll be going.

FlyingVBlues

Platinum Supporting Member
It's hard to believe he can't play in Boston and DC on an East Coast tour but he says the club offers aren't high enough.
Al Di Meola has had the same issue with his Elegant Gypsy and More Tour. There have been promoters in a number of cities who just aren't interested in booking a fusion act. Al's average audience size per performance has decreased from about 3000 to 400 as interest in the genre steadly dwindles. I think the only fusion act that has been able to attract a fairly large audience over the past few years was the Return to Fovereve reunion tour.

tribalfusion

Al Di Meola has had the same issue with his Elegant Gypsy and More Tour. There have been promoters in a number of cities who just aren't interested in booking a fusion act. Al's average audience size per performance has decreased from about 3000 to 400 as interest in the genre steadly dwindles. I think the only fusion act that has been able to attract a fairly large audience over the past few years was the Return to Fovereve reunion tour.

I saw Di Meola play on this last tour and he had a pretty good crowd actually, as does McLaughlin when he plays. Metheny is the biggest name in jazz and fusion and he does well but yes you are right that it's not easy.

Al has a slightly different issue as he travels with a full on show, a big ensemble and a RIG which most fusion bands won't even consider. He needs real HALLS. Scott is traveling with a trio and a light footprint.

I have a pretty good idea what Henderson's draw is and I have seen him play in 3 countries and about 10 different cities. It does not make sense that Henderson can't play a modest club in Boston, the home of Berklee, New England Conservatory etc when he is playing in a suburb of Detroit even if they somehow coupled it with a clinic at Berklee or the like.

There must also be some specifics to which we are not privy.

DaGlenster

Got tickets to the baked potato show this Friday. Really looking forward to this show. First time seeing Scott Henderson.

Clifford-D

I have always enjoyed Alan Hertz on drums. He started as a teen that hung out downtown, no one knew he played drums till he broke out playing in the Steve Kimock band. He has just a great feel.
Oh, Scott isn't coming to San Francisco so that sucks.

Travis is getting a lot of good gigs he's more than just daddy's boy, he's doing it on his own.

lhallam

Platinum Supporting Member
You would think he'd be able to get an audience at Blues Alley. Not only is there the DC area but some Richmond and Baltimore folks would probably make the drive.

The Ringers had two big audiences at The Howard Theater and it seems Kimock did OK at the State Theater. Pretty much the same fan base.

Trending Topics