Scott Holiday - Rival Sons pedalboard

el nino

So been into these guys for some time now and they are great,but was wondering about scotts pedalboard,i know he uses Reeves amp and Firebird but was wondering if anyone has some info on the pedals he uses?the dude has some really cool tones.thanx

roknfnrol

Gold Supporting Member
Great band, great guitarist; he is a member here. I saw a pic of his pedalboard once I think it had a Basic Audio Gnarly, Keeley TMB, fuzz-probe, DL4 w/ Keeley mods, megaVibe, destination rotation (first one), RMC Wizard wah, carbon copy delay , Tremulator, and a KOTv4. The first video below features the Basic Audio Gnarly fuzz. Apparently it's all over the new album Pressure and Time. The 2nd video has a lot of cool gear shots. John at Basic Audio knows his fuzz!

Last edited:

Phil M

Silver Supporting Member
I saw a music video on TV the other day by Rivals Sons. It was driving me nuts because I couldn't figure out why it looked and sounded so familiar.

That's why! He is a TGP guy. We used to chat about music and I think at one point we both had Reeves Custom 30 amps.

Cool band. Classic style but doesn't sound like a ripoff of anyone in particular. A good stew.

basicaudio

Thanks Scott!
The new record sounds huge.
I really like the production and the tasty reverb on the
on "Pressure and Time".
Glad your diggin' the Gnarly. Looking forward to
hearing the rest of the songs.

John

tonefinger

I have to say, Rival Sons is one of the best bands I have heard in many years. I only wish their cd's were more readily available.

Lightningrt

I have to say, Rival Sons is one of the best bands I have heard in many years. I only wish their cd's were more readily available.
New one's on Amazon - mines in the post, older stuff is downloadable I'm sure. UK magazine Classic Rock had a freebee CD with it.

Deffo the dog's doodahs!

Stratoverb

Awesome band haven't stopped listening since I first heard them! Hopefuly see them in london coming up next month. Was wondering does anyone know or maybe Fuzzbird may be able to answer what is the slap delay on Tell Me Something in the part leading up to the chorus sounds awsome. Carbon Copy or something else?

fuzzbird

Right on, Stratoverb..
That could only be 1 of 3 delays I used on the record: 70's Maestro EP-2, Boss DM-2, or....a Keely modded
Line 6 DL-4. Not sure which one tho. come on out to the Borderline or Leeds shows! Just did Zurich Switzerland last night...epic!

whitehall

Like their stuff, but the download is 8 bucks and the CD is $22..? If it's a California band why is the CD an import?

Stratoverb

Right on, Stratoverb..
That could only be 1 of 3 delays I used on the record: 70's Maestro EP-2, Boss DM-2, or....a Keely modded
Line 6 DL-4. Not sure which one tho. come on out to the Borderline or Leeds shows! Just did Zurich Switzerland last night...epic!
Thanks man cool sound it crops up on the EP too on "Soul" etc. which has a groovy leslie on it too. Digging the tones! Will try and make it out to the Bordeline gig if I can. A lot of cool music coming out of LA recently between you and Vintage Trouble my faith in today's music is restored.

ebenezer

Gold Supporting Member
These guys are awesome! I can't say enough good things about them. I went to a couple concerts of their's out in LA a couple years ago and communicated with Scott a couple times here at TGP. He came out to me and we chatted for a couple minuets about the band and his gear. What an awesome guy! Anyway, these guys deserve all the success in the world. It's about time Rock n Roll makes a comeback, I'm tired of hearing that auto-tuned Crap!!

roknfnrol

Gold Supporting Member
fuzzbird said:
Right on, Stratoverb..
Hi Scott. What did you use on the lead breakdown part of Company Man? Great tune.

Trending Topics