Scotty Moore / Elvis Sun Sessions

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by Poppa Stoppa, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Poppa Stoppa

Poppa Stoppa Member

Holy slapback Robin - It just occurred to me that we need some more Scotty Moore appreciation round here!

2. supergenius365

supergenius365 Silver Supporting Member

Can never have too much Scotty Moore! Those Sun Sessions are amazing. No wonder Keef always travels with a copy of them.

3. Ocelot

Ocelot Member

Along with Chuck Berry, probably the most influential R&R guitarist. There is some really remarkable playing on the Sun Sessions. At first glance, you think it's rudimentary, but if you try to cop some of it it takes you by surprise.

4. Crowbar

Crowbar Member

I like the solo in "Good Rockin at Midnight" its near the same as the opening riffs of "Pride and Joy"

5. Lotis

Lotis Silver Supporting Member

This is why I started playing guitar. Him and Bill black changed everything. It's like Johnnie Johnson and Chuck Berry.

6. Lotis

Lotis Silver Supporting Member

If you listen very closely to Mystery Train right at the end Elvis can't contain himself and gives with a little laugh. They knew they were nailin' it!

7. Baxtercat

Baxtercat Member

Dig his solo here. He almost gets out on a limb but it's so cool! Aggressive tone too.

8. michael stuart 57

michael stuart 57 Member

http://scottymoore.net/

[​IMG]
    The Kindle Edition of Scotty's book, That's Alright Elvis is now available!​
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]"When I heard Heartbreak Hotel, I knew what I wanted to do in life. It was as plain as day. All I wanted to do in the world was to be able to play and sound like that. Everyone else wanted to be Elvis, I wanted to be Scotty.[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]
    [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]... Keith Richards[/FONT] ​

9. sst

sst Member

Yeah Scotty Moore is probably my ultimate guitar hero. Just the licks he put down on the sun sessions alone are incredible. Yeah he had influences but what he was coming up on the fly was amazing. His solo's on Hound Dog are out of this world too.