• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

scratchy pots on an ES-335 (347) - do I need to remove them?

Profklamen

Silver Supporting Member
So my ES-347s volume pots are scratchy and intermittent. What's the best way to spray them with contact cleaner and lubricant? Do I need to remove them, or does someone have a clever trick that makes it a bit easier?

EADGBE

I think there's a place on the back of the pot where you spray into. I'm not sure what the best chemical is to use. If you choose the wrong one you could ruin the pot.

73Fender

De Oxit should work..not sure about how to get at them without removing... I wouldn't get any on the finish.

Really, if you tie dental floss around each shaft, loosen the nuts then fish them near the f hole, maybe you wouldn't have to remove the entire harness. Just get a squirt into them there.

Figaro

Silver Supporting Member
You may be able to get the straw-like spray nozzle in the pot closest to the f hole but unfortunately you're going to have to remove the others to spray them. Maybe not all the way out like 73Fender said. I use nylon fishing line tied to the pot shafts.

Last edited:

stratter

It would probably be easier and more effective just to buy a new one.

Getting it out of a 335 would be a bitch though.

Trending Topics