Scumback M-75, Heritage or Chinese Greenback

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by bluetweed, Jan 12, 2008.

1. bluetweed

bluetweed Supporting Member

Which one for my AST?

2. bluetweed

3. Scumback Speakers

Scumback Speakers Gold Supporting Member

AST? Swart Atomic Space Tone, or what? Going to need some details to help.

4. Bo Faulkner

Bo Faulkner Member

I just loaded up some M75's in my 2x12 Germino cab .. the stock G12M heritage are now in my 4x12 with a pair of M55's .. my speakers are no where near broken in but so far I actually prefer the tone of my 2x12 to my 4x12 (with Germino Club 40 and '71 Marshall 50 watter) The lows sound fuller and the highs are smoother but still present.. the mids have a more "pleasing" character.. The M75's just sound "right" where the Heritage is a bit more messy and compressed and slightly offensive in the highs. So far VERY happy with the M75's and cant wait to get them into my 4x12 with the M55's.. But I may end up switching the heritage for 75's so I can have that tone in my 2x12 AS

5. Cary Chilton

Cary Chilton Senior Member

chinese greenback versus heritage????? hmmmm

6. JWR

JWR Member

I have no experience with the Chinese product but have compared British GB with Heritage and with Scumback M's and H's. Base on my expereince I would order the Scumback.

7. bluetweed

Yes Atomic Space Tone, Thanks!

8. Scumback Speakers

Shoot me an email to discuss your speaker tone needs, cuz I have six questions you need to answer for me, OK?

9. Bo Faulkner

Bo Faulkner Member

The Heritage is great for low volume stuff but I (and most) prefer the CHinese version for higher volume stuff (my experience is with pairs not quads though) Ther heritage gets a little looser in the lows and more compressed than the regular one.. The heritage excells in volume control though

10. 1radicalron

1radicalron Member

I have compared the Celestion MIE Heritage vs M75 Scumbacks in 4x12 Cab with an Aiken Invader. Both are Great Speakers! I found the M75 Scumbacks had more of a scooped Mid and like higher gain. The Celestion Heritage had the Vintage Tone in Spades. I chose the Heritage cuz I am a bit nostalgic for the Classic sound!
    But = They both sounded great!

11. jamison162

jamison162 Supporting Member

12. Scumback Speakers

The link above is to a quad of 39 year old Celestion G12M's in an old Marshall cab.

The link above is to set of two month old M75's in an old Marshall cab (both cabs were basketweave cloth, metal handles, so in the 69-71 date range).

The M75's, being a lot newer, are just a hair brighter than the original G12M's (big surprise with the 39 year age difference), but the M75's in the clips had about 25-30 hours on them, according to Glen Kuykendall.

13. Roe

Roe Member

are you refeering to the M75 or the H75?!
    elsewhere you say H75:
    http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=298597&highlight=heritage+scumback

14. mmorse

mmorse Member

I have no experience with the Heritage speakers but I've had Chinese Greenbacks and Scumback M75s. For me, the M75s are hands down winners. They don't fart out in open back cabs nearly as bad as RI-GBs do and they are more open and articulate when pushed.

15. DavidH

DavidH Member

If i had an AST i'd try the G12M-25 (chinese),i'm guessing it will sound nice and rude in the AST,sounds amazing in the CJ11,another 2x6v6 tweedy combo.I prefer it to the heritage,which i have sitting in a box somewhere.No experience with the Scumback.