Scumback m75 100 w vs Weber 12F150. Clarity?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Desmond007, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Desmond007

Desmond007 Member

Scumback m75 100 w and Webers 12f150.
    How are the differences when it comes to clarity and highs?

Thx

2. kingdavidy2k

kingdavidy2k Member

I’m wondering about the same thing so bump.

3. the pearl

the pearl Silver Supporting Member

well 100 watts is going to end up giving you more clarity and less break up then the weber at 25 or 50 what amp is it going in ? i own both by the way

4. kingdavidy2k

kingdavidy2k Member

Mine is going to Two Rock Crystal 40w Combo currently running Celestion Gold.
    I tried Two Rock TR1265 but didn’t care for it. I liked the improved punch on it though.
    Looking something with less compression and more clarity on the lows and low mids and extended high end comparing to the Gold.

5. slider313

slider313 Silver Supporting Member

The Scumback M75 is voiced like a Celestion and the Weber 12F150 is voiced like a Jensen. That said, the Weber will be more scooped in the mids and will be brighter. Wattage is heat and has nothing to do with clean headroom; which is actually dependent on magnet size and the type of cone used.

6. kingdavidy2k

kingdavidy2k Member

Mind you that I had a Two Notes Torpedo Live at one stage and running the Crystal into it I found the best IR cab for it was the Two Rock cab loaded with the Scumback M75.
    Problem is I couldn’t remember if it’s the M75LD or just the LD

Scumback Speakers likes this.
  7. Pelagic

Pelagic Supporting Member

I haven't played the 100 watt M-75, but extended high end would not be my first thought regarding M-75's.
    Maybe J or H 75's?

Scumback Speakers likes this.
  8. Scumback Speakers

Scumback Speakers Gold Supporting Member

Two Rock used to order both M75-LD and regular M75 8 ohm 65w speakers, so I'm not sure which one was in the cab. Sorry I couldn't be more help. You would have needed to look in the cab to be sure.

The M75 won't have an extended high end response, as it's a tone recreation of the old G12M Pre Rola speakers from the 60's. More upper mids and treble would come from a J75 or H75, as Pelagic has noted. Typically the heavier the magnet, the more bass and upper mids/treble you get, wrapped around the midrange.