1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Scumback M75 & H75 in a Fryette D212

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by mach5, Jan 28, 2012.

1. mach5

mach5 Member

I recently acquired a used Fryette Sig X and D212 cab. Its a few years old so I'm giving everything a tune up, including the speakers. The Eminence P50's seem OK, but I'm really interested in reading about Scumback speakers.

I used to have an old Marshall 4x12 w/ greenbacks which was great, but I just don't want to carry around a 4x12 anymore. I was thinking about Scumback M75's or H75's or both in the D212 cab. Which configuration would give me the most detail & depth in a 2x12?

2. matmont1305

matmont1305 Member

I have a M75 and H75 pairing in a vertical 2x12, IMO the sound is R'n'R having an orgasm. They seem to compliment each other perfectly, with the mid hump of the M and the detailed highs and lows of the H.
    Hope this helps, oh and they are the new production Ca. made Scumbacks, Jim has done a great job with these speakers, give 'em a try.

[​IMG]

3. mach5

mach5 Member

That's what I was thinking :idea

4. Rocknhorse1

Rocknhorse1 Member

I have a new production M75 on the way. I had a Celestion G12M hangin around, so I sent it to Jim to be reconed. It's pretty much a new M75 except for the frame. I have a bunch of the weber made ones too. I got the 65 watt model because it is going to go in my SLOish amp with a 65 watt H75 (which I will also have redone to the new production specs). Should be here this week.