Scumback M75 & H75 in a Fryette D212

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by mach5, Jan 28, 2012.

1. mach5

mach5 Member

I recently acquired a used Fryette Sig X and D212 cab. Its a few years old so I'm giving everything a tune up, including the speakers. The Eminence P50's seem OK, but I'm really interested in reading about Scumback speakers.

I used to have an old Marshall 4x12 w/ greenbacks which was great, but I just don't want to carry around a 4x12 anymore. I was thinking about Scumback M75's or H75's or both in the D212 cab. Which configuration would give me the most detail & depth in a 2x12?

2. matmont1305

matmont1305 Member

I have a M75 and H75 pairing in a vertical 2x12, IMO the sound is R'n'R having an orgasm. They seem to compliment each other perfectly, with the mid hump of the M and the detailed highs and lows of the H.
    Hope this helps, oh and they are the new production Ca. made Scumbacks, Jim has done a great job with these speakers, give 'em a try.

[​IMG]

3. mach5

mach5 Member

That's what I was thinking :idea

4. Rocknhorse1

Rocknhorse1 Member

I have a new production M75 on the way. I had a Celestion G12M hangin around, so I sent it to Jim to be reconed. It's pretty much a new M75 except for the frame. I have a bunch of the weber made ones too. I got the 65 watt model because it is going to go in my SLOish amp with a 65 watt H75 (which I will also have redone to the new production specs). Should be here this week.