Scumback Speakers help me choose..!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by mxr2000, Feb 9, 2008.

1. mxr2000

mxr2000 Member

Ok from the Scumbacks speakers which one is the best for that classic Pre Rola sound and great for cleans,overdrive and classic Marshall high gain(JMP 2203) on both strat and Les paul guitars, also would like to know which is better to chose between 8 ohms or 16 ohms for better results?, and finally 25 watts,65 watts,100 watts, how can this affect the sound?..

2. 57special

57special Silver Supporting Member

which pre Rola tone? 25 or 30 watt?

3. mxr2000

mxr2000 Member

Rola 25 watts style, but I see that there is 25watts,65watts and 100watts version , but for the style that i play (60's,70's,80's)music would love to see which is the best..

4. John55

John55 Member

M75 for the 25w tone, H75 for the G12H30 type. I much prefer the M75 because of the fatter mids it produces. Others like the H75 for the tighter bass and stronger highs. Your ears will tell you which one you prefer.

5. GuitarsFromMars

GuitarsFromMars Member

Scummie is away for the weekend.He wil see this Sunday or Monday and will probably give you his 2 pennies worth...

6. mxr2000

mxr2000 Member

7. localmotion411

localmotion411 Supporting Member

Jim always asks a few questions (6 I think) about the guitars and amps you use, the style of music you play, how much gain you use, who you typically want to sound like, and what cab you'll be using. He's very good at assessing a players needs and prescribing the proper speaker or speaker combination.

I just ordered an M75 and an H75, both 8-ohms and both 65-watts, to use in a Mojo 2x12 slant cab with a Komet Concorde, for a 16-ohm total load (which is the impedence setting at which I've seen most people run Concordes). Should be killer!

8. KOG

KOG Supporting Member

H75's use to be my favorite - until the Scumnico was released! It has the same cone as the H75 but with the Alnico magnet and the neo tip. It is fantastic - like a H75 but better! May not be the best for ultra high gain. Just another plug for the speaker satin/whore himself - Jim "Scumbag"!

9. mxr2000

mxr2000 Member

Cool

1) Guitars: "Classic Style" Les Paul Custom 68 Historic Custom Shop,Fender USA strat Deluxe,Suhr Classic strat. "Modern high gain style" Ibanez Sabers and RG guitars..

2) Germino straight 4x12 cab, 80's Marshall oversize 2x12 cab,Avatar Premier close back 2x12 cab.

3)Marshall 800 2205 head,ADA Preamp,Mesa Boogie Power amp, and I have plans for a new Germino LV head again (that if i don't get my old germino head back) or one of the new Soultone DC Power scale 45 Superquad Head that look to be very versatile..

4) Own some vintage and Boutique pedals and some Rack effects..

A) for my 80's clean and high gain sound, Ibanez Saber's and RG's to a 2:fifty power amp,Ada MP-1 2.01 stock preamp, Alesis QuadraVerb+,BBE 462 Sonic Maximizer.. All that connected to a Avatar premier 2x12 closeback or a Marshall 2x12 cab.. (Randy Rhoads,Van Halen,George Lynch,Vito Bratta,Paul Gilbert,Joe Satriani,Steve Vai,John Sykes,Jason Becker,Yngwie Malmsteen,Brad Gillis,Scott Henderson,Michael Landau,Shawn lane,Steve Lukather,Frank Gambale,Eric Johnson..

B) Right now (until i get a new Vintage style head) with the strat's and Les Paul cover 60's,70's and early 80 sound using a Marshall 800 2205 connected to a Germino 4x12 cab or a Marshall 2x12 cab...(Hendrix,Cream,Mountain,James Gang,Allman Brother's,Deep Purple,Saga,Thin Lizzy,Bad Company,Journey,Night Ranger,Cars,REO Speed Wagon,The police,Bob Marley,SRV,Clapton.

...Well with the 4x12 cab i would love to get close to vintage blues clean Hendrix,Bluesbreakers Clapton woman tone,Allman Brothers up to Van Halen "Fair Warning" high gain sound..

...the 2x12's that's what need to be more versatile and get vintage clean up to 80's high gain shred era (Joe Satriani,Steve Vai,George Lynch,Randy Rhoads,Vito Bratta)..

10. PFCG

PFCG Member

Get the H55 LHDC 65 Watt speakers. they are the ****. i love them! Id also recommend eminence TR12-65 speakers. Both are great or what your looking for.

11. Scumback Speakers

Scumback Speakers Gold Supporting Member

Sorry. I bailed out of town for the weekend (I put my dog of 14 years down on Thursday) to get away so I just saw this. I really need to discuss what you're using most of the time and dial in the tones for each cab/amp/guitar used.

So what I'm saying is: please email me. Thanks.