• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Scumback tone test with a BrownNote DLite 44

hottub

Gold Supporting Member
Just a short little clip to test out a pair of speakers with the head.

The speakers are 30 watt Scumback H75-LHDC's in a 2x12 Avatar cab. It's my Les Paul with a pair Will Boggs Vintage Tuned PAF's and an SM57.

I'm generally an avid G12-65 Heritage user, but since I had an empty 2x12 collecting dust, I figured I'd give 'em try. They're definitely in the G12-65 ballpark. I immediately noticed a certain 'chewy-ness' in the tone that I really liked. Not sure if it's because they are 30 watt versions or what, but you can really "feel" the notes if ya know what I mean. Haven't done any extensive a/b'ing with them compared to anything else, but I think they certainly deserve a nod if you're going for that type of tone. Honestly, I'm really pleasantly surprised by how they're performing and based on what I'm hearing in the room, to me the Highs seem just right for this "style" of amp.....subjective of course ;)

http://home.comcast.net/~wickedmojo/dlite_scumback_test.mp3

:JAM

hottub

Gold Supporting Member
thanks guys. It's a stock, production "44" built by Moss. All I did was put in TAD short bottle 6L6's and TungSol RI 12ax7's. Although, the other tube set I was running in it, SED Winged C's and EH 12ax7's sounded really good too.

Thor

Fat "Dumbly" Goodness! D'Lite-fully chewy :AOK
Great playing as well. Thanks for the clip.

Cheers,

Edward

cdaloia

Yea,

Tub-Tone for days!!! Different harmonic approach ..........I have to listen to that one again.

hottub

Gold Supporting Member
Great clip Tub! What key was that? ;) Nice alternate tonality. Way out! Too cool.
Scott, thanks man. Ok, I'll probably get **** for this, but.... I think it's in "C". I kinda forgot the key after I hit "record" and just went with something that I thought sounded cool. But believe me, if I play anything 'out' or something cool, it comes from listening to all you monsters on this board!

hey, aren't you guys at NAMM ?

hottub

Gold Supporting Member
Thanks Blu Lu! yep, totally stock.... I just added a pair TAD short bottle 6L6's and a couple TungSol RI 12ax7's. Although the SED "C"s and EH 12ax7's sounded darn good too.

hottub

Gold Supporting Member
Thanks Woody. enjoyed those clips of yours from Tag's dumble thread mate!

marinblues

John,

that sounds real Dumbly!

Nice phrasing with those tension bits (half tone below scale resolving into the root?).

cheers,

Marin

Top Bottom