Scumback's for Dr. Z KT45 and 2x12 Open Back?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by rawkguitarist, Jan 23, 2012.

1. rawkguitarist

rawkguitarist Member

I'm starting to look into upgrading the Chinese Celestion's that came in my Dr. Z 2x12. I tried some Jensen Neo 12100's when I got the amp, but quickly figured out that Dr. Z voiced this amp for Celestions. So I figure I should just get the best Celestions style speakers out there and that seems to be from Scumback.

So, what speakers would be good with this cab and amp? It now has the stock speakers doc chooses - Vintage 30 and G12H. I play lot's of music, usually with an ash Koll with P90 style pickups (Virtual P90's - humcancelling). With this particular amp I play mainly pop, rock and even some high gain stuff. I like a nice tight and clean or crunchy sound unless I"m cranking my Barber Dirty Bomb distortio. In other words, I like vintage tonalities, but with a tight punch.

Suggestions? Jim? Thanks

2. jwri9790

jwri9790 Member

Austin Speaker Works

3. katuna

katuna Silver Supporting Member

Aaron, back when I had a kt 45, the best speakers for it that I tried were a Weber alnico blue dog and silver bell combo and, surprisingly to me at the time, a couple of Naylor speakers.

4. rawkguitarist

rawkguitarist Member

Thanks for the info guys. Anyone else care to comment?

5. Scumback Speakers

Scumback Speakers Gold Supporting Member

You'll want to email me to go over your entire rig, but based on what you've posted here, an M75/H75 mix would be what I recommend.

6. rawkguitarist

rawkguitarist Member

Thanks Jim. I'll email you soon to go over. I was certainly thinking of a mix like what you suggest.