• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

SCXD and Jensen MOD

richey88

Anyone do this as a budget alternative to Ragin Cajun? Music123 had 'em for 34.80 no shipping. I read the reviews on HC and ordered one, just wondering if anyone has experienced the MOD's?

On the topic of SCXD: Anyone seen the new price on these? $398!!! Not that it isn't worth it but that's quite a price hike! I got mine a year ago for $249.....(it was $50 off the street of $299, still a $100 hike, yikes!)

Release

I bought mine less than a month ago for $270. That is quite a jump. I doubt I would have taken a chance at $400 (my first tube amp in 15 years, maybe?). I love it though. Great little amp.

Derelict

jensen mods are great speakers, imo. pretty neutral. the 1070 is dark and gritty; i'd go with the 50 watter. compared to a c10q, the mod won't be as bright and sparkly on cleans, but will sound better overdriven.

Maruuk

Tone-wise there many interesting driver options for the SCXD, but if you need to jam/gig it, gotta go with the RC for sheer volume.

richey88

Sh*t!! I have the 35w coming! Oh well, I was looking for some improvement on a budget.....I would luv an RC and may in fact try one someday, but will see what the MOD sounds like at 1/2 the price of an RC. I usually use the SCXD to pump 2x12's at gigs, basically looking to spruce it up for home and grab n go rehearsal. It replaced the stock with a "Mega-Tone" from a Guitar Research 'lil combo that took a dump after like 92 days (couldn't return it to Sam Ash). Improvement over the stock Fender actually, but am anxious to try the Mod. Thanks all for your input!

Trending Topics