Seaglass Guitars!

Discussion in 'The Small Company Luthiers' started by lambro, Feb 11, 2015.

1. lambro

lambro Supporting Member

Hey guys and gals, have to share my super experience with Roger at Seaglass Guitars.

I was on the hunt for a few things, Wrap Tailpiece, Korina (Limba), Gold Foil pickups, set neck, 25 1/2 scale

By the power of Neptune I stumbled across a post by Roger and let that stew with me for about a day before I couldn't stand it anymore, so I called him. He returned my call same day and we had a good talk, sent him an email and started finalizing details. Very prompt communications, clear, concise and fast. I paid 1/3 in advance...then...wait for it...with out even having to ask came the flood of timely email updates with pictures.

I picked out my neck, body and fingerboard blanks, specified hardware and lookout, just under 9 weeks and I had the guitar in my hands - and that was with Thanksgiving Christmas & New Years in between.

On top of all that the guitar plays and sounds incredible, like challenging all of your top axes usefulness incredible, the build quality and price point are unrivaled in this day and age where some bolt ons go for over 5K...and parts builds are 2.5k, or some builders simply vanish. There is no "try" either you do your work or you don"t. Roger really hit it out of the park with the whole experience, including the final delivery and presentation.

Attempting some photo posts, and I'll return to this thread at some point and throw up a tone test video. I just wanted to get the word out. Roger is a super chap and a true luthier and I am really patting myself on the back for pulling the trigger on this one.

http://s116.photobucket.com/user/lambro3/slideshow/Gear

http://s116.photobucket.com/user/lambro3/slideshow/Gear/SGbuild

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o12/lambro3/Gear/IMG_0655.jpg

Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
  2. zephyr01

zephyr01 Member

I have a Rt 6 jr myself black limba body and neck with Lollar pu's. Understated classy looking guitar, which to me is New England. Great guitar

3. SeaGlassGuitars

SeaGlassGuitars Member

Thanks for the kind words!! I really appreciate you taking the time to spread the word about my work.
    Roger

4. edwarddavis

edwarddavis Supporting Member

nice stuff . hopefully will get to try one some time

5. Nigel Chapman

Nigel Chapman Sultana Swing Supporting Member

Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
  6. Dawg76

Dawg76 Silver Supporting Member

Recently came across SeaGlass.

Anyone played one? Thoughts?