Seagull string spacing?

les_paul

I have a slightly older Seagull M6 Gloss electric. I've never been much of an acoustic player but it seems like the string spacing is pretty wide on it. Am I smoking something or do Seagull guitars have a wider string spacing?

Tony Done

IIRC, Seagull spacing is a bit wider than typical 1 11/16, but I can't recall how much, and it might vary between models.

Tommy Biggs

Gold Supporting Member
I have an old s6 (1994?) I believe it’s a 1 3/4 nut , but can’t say for sure.

My OM 28 has the same nut width, and the bridge string spacing is 2 and 5/16. Feels similar to me.

Last edited:

Joeblues27

String spacing is 1.50 I believe.Very comfortable playing for me anyways,I have the Maritime model.

Turbo Gerbil

not sure about M6 but S6 traditionally have a pretty wide nut, 1.8". I was looking at them closely lately because I want a steel string guitar with a 1 7/8 or wider nut and it's really hard to find, but all the S6's I played have something in the midrange that I really don't like for some reason.

big jilm

I have a Seagull S6 from the nineties, and it has a very wide string spacing. So wide that my hand doesn’t like it, in fact

Jim85IROC

Not all of the Seagulls have such wide spacing. I have an Entourage, and part of why I chose it over the S6 was because I much preferred the narrower nut. The Entourage neck feels like an electric guitar neck.

Trending Topics