• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Sean Costello

smilefan

Just for the sake of it...one of my faves...

The tone of his '53 Goldtop just kills me. So delicate, so expressive
for a P-90 LP. Nothing to hide behind. It showcased the
depth of Sean's playing. Had he lived, he would have been widely
recognized for the giant he was becoming.

Celticdave

Seeker
Platinum Supporting Member
Iain Martin has a couple of shows on film. I played with him at this show:

Iain has the whole show on film. I've been waiting for Iain to get it edited, but he's a busy guy. Sean was on fire that night and I would love to revisit that evening on DVD some day.
The tone of his '53 Goldtop just kills me. So delicate, so expressive
for a P-90 LP. Nothing to hide behind. It showcased the
depth of Sean's playing. Had he lived, he would have been widely
recognized for the giant he was becoming.
Which one are you in that vid DMichel123 (if you don't mind)?

smilefan - let's just hope that we can keep his spirit alive through sharing his music with others. I mention him in just about about every chance I get. He's influenced me so heavily and I know I've said it before, but it just tears my heart up on so many levels that I went down his way so many times and never even knew he was there. We're about the same age and with our musical influences being so close, I bet we'd have hit it off - or at least I could have stolen some licks from him!

Talking about his '53, its made me reconsider my own use of P90s. I've always considered them beautiful but never took it so far as to make a P90 guitar my #1. That may change very soon...

:cool:

DMichel123

Which one are you in that vid DMichel123 (if you don't mind)?
I'm not in that vid, Dave. I played 2 songs with him later on in the night. I haven't even seen the footage of the songs I played. As far as I know, that's the only song that Iain has edited from the show. I need to get the footage of me sitting in with Buddy Guy at the Tennessee Theatre last year. That is much more attainable right now, I just need to get down to Maryville and copy it on a flash drive.

Danny

stephenT

We'll be celebrating Sean's birthday on April 16th at Northside Tavern, lot's of Sean's friends will be playing.

Come on out if you can, should be a very musical night. More info to come.

Celticdave

Seeker
I'm not in that vid, Dave. I played 2 songs with him later on in the night. I haven't even seen the footage of the songs I played. As far as I know, that's the only song that Iain has edited from the show. I need to get the footage of me sitting in with Buddy Guy at the Tennessee Theatre last year. That is much more attainable right now, I just need to get down to Maryville and copy it on a flash drive.

Danny
Wow, the TN Theater w/ Buddy Guy? How did we not hook up when I was back home? I'm from K-Town (grew up over in Karns). I haven't really lived there in about 10 yrs but when I do come down, I play over in Market Square and had a great run with the 4620 Jazz Club there for awhile.

I'm realizing now all of the people I've missed out on down there...

DMichel123

Wow, the TN Theater w/ Buddy Guy? How did we not hook up when I was back home? I'm from K-Town (grew up over in Karns). I haven't really lived there in about 10 yrs but when I do come down, I play over in Market Square and had a great run with the 4620 Jazz Club there for awhile.

I'm realizing now all of the people I've missed out on down there...
I'm pretty sure I met you at Preservation Pub... 3-4 years ago? You talked to my girlfriend, Whitney, more than you talked to me. You gave me a little flyer with your name and myspace address on it. :BluesBros

Celticdave

Seeker
I'm pretty sure I met you at Preservation Pub... 3-4 years ago? You talked to my girlfriend, Whitney, more than you talked to me. You gave me a little flyer with your name and myspace address on it. :BluesBros
That's right...I think we've talked about that before...I met so many people when I was down there doing those shows!

SLBlues

We'll be celebrating Sean's birthday on April 16th at Northside Tavern, lot's of Sean's friends will be playing.

Come on out if you can, should be a very musical night. More info to come.

Thanks for the post Stephen. It's on my calendar for sure!

Celticdave

Seeker
I'm sure this has been mentioned somewhere on here already, but I was curious as to if Sean ever tuned down a half step?

I just found out about him about two days ago. Needless to say my computer hasn't left Youtube since.

Unbelivable amount of comfortableness and honesty in his playing. He really is the best thing since Hubert Sumlin...

Many 'a' years will now be invested into getting into this guy's psyche...

stephenT

Tonight at the Northside Tavern in Atlanta we are having a birthday celebration for Sean Costello, music starts at 7:00pm and goes 'till 2 am. The artists to perform are all friends and fans of Sean and musicians and friends that Sean loved. It will be a musical night, all for the low price of $10. We'll raffle off a drawing by Atlanta's famous Donnie McCormick that is a stunning nude, a drawing that Donnie gave Sean for his birthday years back and other cool stuff, signed Wood Brothers CDs, etc.

Here's the line up:

Chicago Joe & his Blues Camp Youth bands
Bill Sheffiled
Rod Hamdallah (Maddy Moneypenny showcase)
Heaven Davis
Breezekings w/ Matt Wauchope, Terrence Prather and Melvin Zackery (from Sean’s longtime band) & Cazanovas showcase
Nathan Nelson & the Entertainment Crackers plus Josh Blonju McCormick
Mudcat
Eddie Tigner w/ Uncle Sugar

You'all come early and stay late! Hope you'all dig the poster, that's Sean's '53.

Mr Meaner

Since I wasn't able to go... :0( Sure would be great if we could see some video or anything that went on at Sean's Celebration. StephenT the poster is awesome!

Mr Meaner

Got a quick question... Why in the lyrics of "Have You No Shame" did Sean change the words 'hangover' on the album to 'echo' when he did it live? No biggee... Just wondering...

stephenT

Got a quick question... Why in the lyrics of "Have You No Shame" did Sean change the words 'hangover' on the album to 'echo' when he did it live? No biggee... Just wondering...
In Donnie McCormicks original version of the song, it's difficult to know what the words are in that section. I played it w/ Donnie a hundred times and I still don't know.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom