• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.
  • On Thursday, January 20, 2022, starting at 7 pm EST, We will take the forum offline to do the necessary upgrades. Estimates are a possible 3-hour total downtime to complete the process. So mark your calendar to play your guitar.

Sean Costello

VictorG363

So as a general rule whenever Sean picked up a guitar with P90s, he perferred them to be under-wound to some extent, is that correct?

zzmoore

Wish we could turn the clock back and help this guy......perhaps show him threads like this. Maybe he didn't know.......

VictorG363

Thanks for the info Mr. Talkovich
One of my favorite videos on youtube is of Sean and the band you're in doing "I'm So Lonesome, I Could Cry"
You and Sean's guitar work in that video is great!

Celticdave

Seeker
Platinum Supporting Member
Wish we could turn the clock back and help this guy......perhaps show him threads like this. Maybe he didn't know.......
I wonder that as well...did he know?

I've said it MANY, MANY, MANY times but I HATE, HATE, HATE that I didn't know he was right down there in ATL. I feel like we would have been friends...

stephenT

Thanks for the info Mr. Talkovich
One of my favorite videos on youtube is of Sean and the band you're in doing "I'm So Lonesome, I Could Cry"
You and Sean's guitar work in that video is great!
Hey, thanks. It was always a thrill to be on stage with Sean, we all knew at the time we were playing with the best. I miss him daly, hope he's getting some needed rest. The hope is Sean will be a musical inspiration to young players (old too) as long as there are guitars to play.

There is no chance of turning back the clock but I'd like to encourage all who have an interest, go beyond YouTube and buy Seans CDs. As a modern blues recording, We Can Get Together is outstanding, one of the very best and so are all of his Landslide recordings. And please, buy from the foundation his Mom and step Dad started,

www.seancostellofund.org

Celticdave

Seeker
I may be getting a few radio stations playing Sean Costello's music out here...who would they contact to get that going? Any way I can help them out?

I also mentioned him in an interview recently...

jjboogie

Supporting Member

I and others tried to help him. It is a complex issue that turned out with the most unfortunate outcome.

Sean knew he was loved and I know his family finds some peace in that.

Celticdave

Seeker
the foundation would be a great place to start,

www.seancostellofund.org

See you Sunday at Sean's favorite Atlanta nightspot.
I thought that was probably the case...as soon as I get back from Cali I'll get on this...

I suggest others do the same - call up your local radio stations that play this type of music and request it. I've heard it played on a few stations around the States already while traveling!

greyhound

Silver Supporting Member
I'm late in discovering him and recently downloaded the self titled album "Sean Costello" from Amazon and cannot get enough of it. Every single song on there is just great. Will check out the foundation and order some more of his albums.

Bobby D

i never got to gig with him, but several of my friends have.

it's tragic what happened. two of my friends in the biz have committed suicide in the last few years. it breaks my heart :(

Celticdave

Seeker
I'm headed over to the studio to talk about our plan for the album...and was asked to bring a few discs of music that captures what I'm after. Sean is on there and I'm excited to share it with the producer/engineer.

Friendly bump for the thread...anyone interested should go back through and read this one.

stephenT

Glenn Smith, Sean's stepdad and a few of us musician types have lunch a few times a month. We were talking about what interest and relevance Sean has to music lovers and guitar players, now that's is been a few years since he passed.

We were all in agreement that Sean's legacy will continue to grew and his recorded work will stand as a testament to his incredible talents.

Buy your Sean Costello CDs from the foundation, buy extras for your friends, give 'em as Christmas presents!

www.seancostellofund.org

Mares

Hi, just discovered your website . I was listening to TSF , French jazz/blues radio on Saturday 20 Nov. , Jean Jacques Milteau, the DJ, has a program called "Bon temps Rouler" and composed a program of tunes based on "Confiance" , the French word meaning trust.

http://www.tsfjazz.com/programme-detail.php?id=6&j=-1

Anyway, one of the songs was "Told me a lie". I was blown away and had to hear more about Sean Costello. I am so sorry to hear that he has left us..
I have now listened to Sean's music all Sunday and cant get enough.
I'll try to buy a CD from the foundation - hopefully they can ship it over - I'm based in Paris.
Thanks

screamingduck

I and others tried to help him. It is a complex issue that turned out with the most unfortunate outcome.

Sean knew he was loved and I know his family finds some peace in that.
Thank you so much for trying. As someone who has "been there" , the desire to get help must come from within the person himself and all others really can do is to let that person know he is loved and that they would love to see them get help. The choice can only come from the individual but at least you know you did the best you could do and I'm sure that still meant alot to him.

Celticdave

Seeker
I've always been curious...can anyone tell us any more details about the Goldtop? How did he work that one out? Surely he didn't have that kind of cash laying around! Not to get into his financials, but I just know where he was and have been there...and people are always offering something.

Rockinrob86

Gold Supporting Member
I heard he got the goldtop from a guy that owns an atlanta vintage shop that was close with him, and it was from before they were crazy money. Goldtops didnt go up a lot until 2002 or 2003.

Does anybody know where a studio recording of "Love is Amazing" can be found? I know of the live one on the tribute CD, but the studio recording with the music video on youtube is my favorite. Wish I could have it in full quality!

mr tom

Does anybody know where a studio recording of "Love is Amazing" can be found? I know of the live one on the tribute CD, but the studio recording with the music video on youtube is my favorite. Wish I could have it in full quality!
You can have it in full quality! http://seancostellofund.org/store.html

Sean Costello | WFRG Memorial CD of Rare & Unreleased Tracks - Limited Edition | WRFG Radio | 2008
$25.00 (+ $3.00 shipping & handling)

1 Your Love Is Amazing (Studio Version) 3:59

and many more incredibly great tracks.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom