searching for the right guitar/effects loop cable

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by MudPies, May 10, 2008.

1. MudPies

MudPies Member

I have a vision of a specific type of cable that I can't find anywhere on the internets.

I need 3 15' cables to run from pedal board > amp, and also effects loop send/return. I'd love to find a cable that is actually 3 independent cables tied together as one.

does this exist?

ps. pedalsnake is more than I'll need.

2. MudPies

MudPies Member

or...

could I just use a stereo instrument cable for the effects loop? I wonder if the effects loop can share a single ground.

3. MudPies

MudPies Member

4. MudPies

MudPies Member

5. mondo_generator

mondo_generator Member

why don't you get a klotz cable and some switchcraft or neutrik connectors and make you own cables or take them to a local tech. these are by the far the best cables available, i think cordial has a clone of the la grange as well. lowest capacitance cables = minimum treble loss.

6. MudPies

MudPies Member

It seems that idea would still leave me with 3 separate cables. My hope is to combine them so it's one cable structure (3 independent cables attached to each other so they act as one cable), or to use a stereo cable for the effects loop so I can bring it down to 2 separate cables (I have a feeling the effects loop shouldn't share a ground, but I can't confirm that).

I'd just rather not have too many cables runnign back to my amp and the pedalsnake system is much more than I'll need for years.

7. TAVD

TAVD Guitar Player Gold Supporting Member

Try some Gotham GAC-3. Tie the grounds to the shield and use the 3 conductors for send/return/guitar. Just bare in mind the ends will be fragile unless you use some sort of break-out box.

Alternatively, you could use something like Gepco GA61802GFC with one side for send/return and the other for guitar.

8. Grenville

Grenville Member

Thinks: "Gotta find the links for that cable jacket stuff I was looking at yesterday... "

Ah, here we go: cable jacket thread

9. Rod

Rod Tone is Paramount Silver Supporting Member

That's why they invented cable ties