• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Seattle and Vancouver Guitar Shops?

54GT

Gold Supporting Member
I will be spending a couple of weeks in Seattle and Vancouver (BC) next month.
Any recommendations on guitar shops to hit? Only ones I have been to in the past are Emerald City and Phil's in Seattle.

thanks

Corey

grantster

Vancouver BC

NJAM- Not Just Another Music Shop on Granville Street

Long and McQuade- large chain store, but has cool stuff

bc-cosmo

NJAMS is good in Vancouver--nice guys, interesting stuff--and if you're the acoustic type, try Rufus on Alma Street on the west side.

weezy

Vancouver: Like the others mentioned - NJAMS at Granville and 8th Ave is good, but they are very expensive. I saw an Epiphone Sheraton there a few weeks ago for $1500 - seriously. It's a very small shop with very little inventory.

Long And McQuade on Terminal Ave. is the biggest and best store in town. Big selection of Gibson, PRS, Fender etc. etc. They have everything and I really like the staff.

Tom Lee Music downtown on Granville St. is very good too - they have the best selection of Strats in town, plus PRS, Parker, Hagstrom etc. Being downtown, it has that vibe about it... you have to check your bag at the door etc.

Bone Rattle on Commercial Dr. - a small shop but they have some cool guitars there - G&L, Blade, new Harmony's etc. Lots of pedals too.

Cheers!

54GT

Gold Supporting Member
Thanks everyone - great tips!

keep 'em coming if there are more worth seeing.

Corey

cadduc

als guitarville outside montlake terrace/edmonds, just a few miles north or seattle

still old and funky, not the treasure it once was, but still worth a stop

snarkle

Silver Supporting Member
Phil's has moved to Bellingham...well worth making a pit stop if you're driving between Seattle and Vancouver.

FWIW, the Sheraton at NJAMS in Vancouver was one of the "assembled in the U.S." models, nitro-finished in Nashville using Japanese-made Elitist parts...$1500 Canadian dollars is probably more the high end of reasonable than ridiculous, since these are bringing US$1200.

weezy

FWIW, the Sheraton at NJAMS in Vancouver was one of the "assembled in the U.S." models, nitro-finished in Nashville using Japanese-made Elitist parts...$1500 Canadian dollars is probably more the high end of reasonable than ridiculous, since these are bringing US$1200.
In light of it sort-of being an Elitist, perhaps $900-$1000 maybe. Why buy a Sheraton for $1500 when you could have a real 335 for a few hundred more...? $1500 is ridiculous for any Epi - they will never sell it. They overprice everything there - including their luthier service. I do like the employees there but the shop has become a 'window-shopping only' kind of place for me.

Trending Topics