Seattle Guitar Shops

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by wharris, Apr 25, 2015.

1. wharris

wharris Member

Heading to Seatlle for a few days. Can anyone suggest any guitar shops to seek out?

2. Bazaboy33

Bazaboy33 Supporting Member

Emerald City Guitars & The Guitar Store, primarily. Then, American Music and The Trading Musician. If you want to trek a bit south, Georgetown Music is worth a visit. And if you want to trek a bit north, Guitarville and Tommy's are good too.

3. Jay K

Jay K Member

And for acoustics I would add Dusty Strings (although I believe they also have Collings electrics).

4. BCJek

BCJek Member

Mike and Mike's Guitar Bar in Ballard. I was there a few weeks ago. Great guys, and great vintage gear. It's actually in the basement of one of the Mike's house.

I love Dusty Strings, too.

Was very well treated at the Guitar Store last time. Same with Emerald City.

These four places, to me, epitomize what happens when shop owners and staff love what they do. Top notch "stakeholder engagement".

Cheers.

5. Lihns

Lihns Member

This, and dusty strings in Fremont. All great stores. The guitar store was particularly nice and helpful, American music has fixed my minor issuess for free before, my buddy has had great deals from trading musician and they've got unique stuff there, and emerald city guitars has loads of insane vintage fender/gibson gear I'd be scared as hell to have in the neighborhood they're in lol. That shop doesn't screw around. But neither do any of the shops listed.

Avoid guitarville, it's horror story after horror story from that place, I choose not to support shady people.

6. amp48

amp48 Member

Thunder Road guitars is another