• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Sebatron 2000e

rockstarzusa

No one has heard of thss ranger of gear from these guys huh?

hmmmm, maybe that says something (the gear isn't that hot after all?)

mds

They've been around for awhile and do have their fans. Generally these fall into the very colored group of preamps. I have very limited personal use, but from what I've heard about them they are high quality preamps. I don't seem them in studios very often though, for whatever thats worth.

Mike

rockstarzusa

Thanks Mike, thats good to know. The studios you've been to. Do they tend to stick to just the traditional stuff, Avalons, Chandler, Neve based, or do you see some lesser known gear starting to spring up over and over?

mds

Hmm...I see all sorts of stuff depending on the studio. Some are all mainstream/vintage a la Neve, API, SSL, UA etc, some are more esoteric...I regularly see stuff from Chandler, Shadow Hills, Great River, Averil, Daking, Purple, Cranesong etc. etc...but I'm in LA and work all over town...its gear slut heaven around here...

jzilla

i use a sebatron thorax prototype in my studio. it's actually my only pre! it has a lot of detail and a warmth but is colored. i think it's really meant for experimentation and tone shaping more than capturing a purist sound. however i don't really exploit all it's tweaking options. definitely nice.

Trending Topics