Second H9? One in Front, One in Loop?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Monstercastle, May 1, 2016.

1. Monstercastle

Monstercastle Supporting Member

So I'm thinking about getting an H9 Core to augment my existing H9 Max and wanted to get some feedback from those of you that have two. I'm thinking of running one in front for modulations & keeping the other in the loop for pitch, delay and verbs. Or would I be better off with both in the loop of my Mark V? How are you using a two H9 setup?

2. hendrik7

hendrik7 Member

The best thing is you can have both worlds. Because of the routing feature you could run both in the loop AND in front and go back and forth depending on the presets.

3. PBGas

PBGas Supporting Member

When I had my 2 H9s, I ran them this way. Very cool pedals with great sounds! My issue was with Bluetooth on them. So many problems that went unresolved, so I just returned them both and went with something else. Connecting directly via the mini-USB cable was flawless.

I would consider moving back them because the sounds were fabulous on them and the H9 edit is very cool!

4. hendrik7

hendrik7 Member

what bluetooth problems? I've never had a single bluetooth problem with my h9's. What were you connecting to?

5. PBGas

PBGas Supporting Member

I was on their forums and had several tickets in. I could not get both of them working at the same time with my iPad Air or an iPad mini and on my Mac mini. I tried everything suggested. Yet I had them both working fine on an iPad 1...loL. Problem with that was you can't access all of the parameters because that version of IOS was not supported. I just gave up and said forget it. There are folks who were having issues with this, as I wasn't the only one.

Like I said, love the units but in the end, I just went with a simpler setup and have been very happy. I don't really want to rely on IOS for it. I know that you don't need it but the convenience was so neat.

6. hendrik7

hendrik7 Member

That sucks. Now that I think about it I had some problems when I got my second H9, it was sometimes giving me a hard time connecting both at the same time, but it always worked in the end after a few tries. That's many updates ago though and the initial bluetooth connection now is faster and more seamless than ever.