• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Secret to keeping Jag / JM trem in tune...

Deed_Poll

Rusty saddles.

Not a joke, thank me later!

Yeah I know - friction bad, I get it.

The offset Trem is designed so that the bridge grips the strings. The arm changes the tension in the tailpiece and this in turn rocks the bridge back and forth.

It's only a matter of time until someone engineers some magic $200 string gripping bridge to solve all the world's problems.

Until then spend more time playing surf music on your jag outdoors at the beach and you'll be right as rain.

Some poetic justice there, definitely!

omfg51

Common upgrade is to replace the bridge with a Mustang bridge, or better yet, replace the saddles with Mustang saddles. Staytrem has noticed and invented a better solution even still.

Deed_Poll

Common upgrade is to replace the bridge with a Mustang bridge, or better yet, replace the saddles with Mustang saddles. Staytrem has noticed and invented a better solution even still.

The Stay Trem is a great unit, I have one on a Bass VI, but it works in combination with a flush mounting collet that stops the bridge from moving entirely - in which case, a low-friction design makes sense.

I guess all I'm saying is, as far as the rocking bridge motion, you want more friction not less!

The Stay Trem is an excellent product though.

A friend of mine (an all star brilliant luthier of steel string acoustics, no less) built himself a Jazzmaster with a Mastery bridge and told me that my bone stock '65 keeps better tune than the Mastery.

Trending Topics