Seeing Kathleen Edwards tonight

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by trickness, Feb 22, 2009.

1. trickness

trickness Analog with a side of DSP

I'm headed to Alexandria Virginia tnight to see Kathleen Edwards, she's always great live. I've seen some clips of this tour and I'm not sure Colin Cripps is playing guitar on this leg - anybody else see one of the shows on this current tour? Always a pleasure not only to hear Colin play, but to check out his rack of vintage Gibsons and Fenders.

2. robelinda2

robelinda2 Member

3. keefsdad

keefsdad Member

He's her husband, so I think Colin will be there. I agree they are great.

4. mcknigs

mcknigs Supporting Member

I saw them a few years back when we split a bill in Arlington, VA (they actually opened for us -- long story). They were great. I wasn't aware they were going to be in town tonight. Hope you're having a wonderful time at the show (currently underway, I assume). :)

-Scott

5. trickness

trickness Analog with a side of DSP

Colin wasn't there, her keyboard player Jim played a little, as did a new guy who's about as tall as Colin and played a Tele the whole night. No drums or bass. The gig was superb - probably the best show I've seen her play, her voice was incredible.

She did a couple of solo tunes, strapped on her Gibson for one tune which got huge applause after she finished it, then gave the best quote of the night: "Ah, it's a '57 Les Paul Junior. The damned thing plays itself."

6. 22Top

22Top Member

it was the same in Ottawa on Valentine's Day. Just awesome.