• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Seeking communication from Tommy at Electric Majik

tubetone74

I hesitated to make this post but two emails to Tommy have gone unanswered. I am sure he is busy, and can't be on the computer all day. What I do think if orders are going over posted estimate time that a form email go out to the buyer just as a heads up.

I know there were problems in the past w/ the Lumpy's DBA handle, but I was reading that he's over that and back on track.

This is not a slam to Tommy. I just would like to know what's going on.

sixty2strat

Glad to know I was about to order something, I'll wait a week or 2, his site kept freezing. Very odd as he is one of the fastest to reply and great CS from the times I delt with him. he did have a sale so may have gotten swamped and in PA it's off the the beach time so. Weird as he seems to be the Anti- Mike FUller

Lance Hogben

I dig Tommy's work but when he didn't deliver by the time he had promised, and didn't answer two emails I sent asking when he might, I had to resort to PayPal to get on his case to deliver - which he did post haste. Weird - he could have mailed it without the chiding from PayPal but he waited until he merited a black mark.

wajobu

I note his e-mail contact has been removed from his website. I hope he's OK. I really liked his Class A germanium OD (which I sold in a moment of weakness!). I wish he still made 'em!

blue62

I note his e-mail contact has been removed from his website. I hope he's OK. I really liked his Class A germanium OD (which I sold in a moment of weakness!). I wish he still made 'em!
I picked up a Class A a while back on Reverb from a seller in Australia. I'd never seen any Lumpy's in Aus before so I jumped on it and haven't been disappointed. I was playing it earlier today and it made me think I'd like to buy another of his pedals. The JFET OD really appeals to me in concept and I was close to ordering one when I remembered there was some trouble with people getting orders fulfilled recently. I'm going to sub this thread and wait till he is definitely shipping before I order anything.

tubetone74

Well I'm still waiting and no reply. Anyone else in the same boat? Guess i'll just have to file a PayPal complaint. I hate to do that.

wajobu

Just noticed, his e-mail address link is actually still there on his website, but it's white text on a white background...a strategic highlight with my mouse revealed it.

Perhaps a long vacation?

Sconnie

I've been waiting 9 weeks for my JFET overdrive, just got tracking info a week ago and it only says "pre-shipment" every time I check. I've always been attracted to his product line and now my first purchase experience has been a nightmare, absolutely zero communication on his part the whole time. I might have to file a PayPal complaint as well... Tommy if you're reading this, convince me not to do that!

scotticus

This is sadly becoming the norm for what was once a very reputable builder with excellent products. Let this serve as a big caution flag for anyone choosing to do business with this company.

Sconnie

He does apparently have the time to post holiday sales though, I bought mine on a memorial day sale, and noticed he posted a 4th of July sale too. It sucks he is willing to post that but nothing regarding the delay in shipment that is guaranteed at this point.

Sconnie

Heads up everyone, my JFET overdrive now has an in-transit status as of a few minutes ago. I'll let you all know how it goes, still no word from Tommy but at least it's a development in the story (for me). Hopefully we hear form him soon and get the mud cleared up to help us all rest a bit easier, which I hope is the case because I love the Zep inspired products and craftsmanship of his stuff. I hate getting worked up about stuff like this but it happens sometimes. More to come...

tubetone74

I just got a tracking email, but it doesn't show up yet. Maybe later this evening I can be sure the order is coming.

andyb24

Ordered two pedals in March, still
waiting. Got a notice a usps label was created 3 months ago...just opened a PayPal case last week. Did those of you with a pedal now on the way escalate it to a claim?

Trending Topics

Top Bottom