• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Seeking communication from Tommy at Electric Majik

andyb24

Unfortunately. Tommy's pedals are fantastic and I really just wanted to try a couple older ones (an Albion and M24) so I ordered those custom. In the 5+ months I've seen some pop up but unfortunately have the $$ tied up in these two. Let's hope Tommy delivers so we can all enjoy the great tones.

axdxm

Silver Supporting Member
He sucks at email and is always late, but he is not dishonest. He will always come through.

Kind of like Spaceman...it comes with the territory.

Rococco

Wow... sounds totally familiar.
Tommy strikes again!

Sorry to hear ppl that are having issues with him. Seriously though, the old few threads went way too long with complaints that should convince everyone to bring your business elsewhere. There's absolutely no excuse for him to do this, it's borderline a crime. Hope everyone involved will have better luck this time!

andyb24

Saw the threads, and I'm used to the Spaceman waiting game. Tommy was pretty responsive via email back when I was asking questions & ordering. Once payment went over zero communication. For some reason Spaceman doesn't bother me, it's a pretty consistent albeit not ideal process. Here you see sales going up, etc. which is a little unsettling.

blue62

I have one of his Class A OD's & I really wanted to order the JFET OD but word here in the older threads made me decide against it.
Instead I picked up an Albion from a music shop here is Aus that had 1 last one in stock heavily discounted and grabbed a Zll from Reverb. They are both beautifully built and great sounding pedals, spent hours today playing them into a Catalinbread Belle Epoch Deluxe and very happy with my sounds.
The guy is obviously having trouble keeping his professional life together. Hope things improve for him, his products are beautiful.

Windup 43

Silver Supporting Member
Lot of talented builders out there, but in my experience more than a few who need training in basic customer service...even some of the big name guys have been big disappointments to me in that regard. Too bad with this guy, he needs to own up to his perpetual BS.

He sucks at email and is always late, but he is not dishonest. He will always come through.

Kind of like Spaceman...it comes with the territory.
This. (absolutely sig-worthy btw, may i?)

Some people are like that and they certainly don t do it on purpose. Plus a small business is very vulnerable when life happens. I mean you got to cut the guy some slack.

augur

I have 2 pedals from him and both are great (Zii and Leeds Boost).
I would not recommend to buy for him directly any new pedal except if you want headache.
Just have a look at pedals on Reverb, they are coming often back.

MrFuzzTone

I ordered a pedal this year. Took a lot longer than the 2 weeks listed on the web site. I did get it after an extra email.
I have ordered several pedals from him in the past. They all arrived.

tedm

They'll get there, maybe a week or two later than expected, but just have patience. I've purchased 4 this year (ZII regular, and mini, OC82D Mk II, and a Mk III). They're hand-built, and sound as good as $400+ pedals to me. So for me, the delay is worth it. When changing the battery, there is a slight whiff of smoke, but not when they arrive, or when closed, in my experience.

Also, they arrive in grey finished hammertone cases. Very high quality. Another great handmade builder, who ships in 3 days off ebay, I got a pedal that still had wet paint.

Sconnie

Got my JFET overdrive on Saturday, played it in rehearsal on Sunday but didn't have the chance to play with it before hand so I was going on the fly but it was still sounding great. The only problem other than it being 10 weeks late was the fact that I ordered it in Plum Crazy and it arrived in Silver Hammertone....

It seems like a great pedal, love the Zep inspired stuff, too bad I'll never order from him ever again. Maybe since I ordered it during a sale I didn't get the color I wanted?

DSL74

Got my JFET overdrive on Saturday, played it in rehearsal on Sunday but didn't have the chance to play with it before hand so I was going on the fly but it was still sounding great. The only problem other than it being 10 weeks late was the fact that I ordered it in Plum Crazy and it arrived in Silver Hammertone....

It seems like a great pedal, love the Zep inspired stuff, too bad I'll never order from him ever again. Maybe since I ordered it during a sale I didn't get the color I wanted?
I was going to order a 'plum crazy' colored one myself until I read about the delays. Too bad about the color issue, but hope you can post a sound demo of the different modes it has at some point. I have yet to find anything on youtube for this pedal. Only seen a few get flipped on reverb.com, so maybe he isn't selling very many, or just not shipping too many of the ones he does sell. ;)

Last edited:

annostyle

There's no reason to defend this guy anymore. Total incompetent way to run a business. To take peoples money and leave them in the dark for weeks/months. The guy makes good pedals but good grief. Why anybody would give this guy business is beyond me.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom