• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Seeking communication from Tommy at Electric Majik

PRW

Bought a Lemon Drop from him a couple of years ago, great pedal, found him to be a nice guy in emails, sorry it's all gone south but he isn't the first nor the last vendor to basically bite off more than he can chew, which I figure is what's going on here. Nothing wrong with selling a good product at a more than fair price for a boutique pedal, but that's gonna get a pile of people knocking at your door and if you willingly and knowingly put your derriere on the line like that, you better be prepared to deliver in a timely fashion.

tubetone74

Too bad about his poor business practices. I was going to get a couple more of his pedals but not now. He may do ok in the short term , but eventually he will run his business totally in the ground.

Well Tommy didn't respond in his allotted 10 days so PP have refunded my cash. Unfortunately i wont be doing any further business which Electric Majik

your name here

Gold Supporting Member
Wow... he was a TGP darling for years. I guess this just shows that it could happen to anyone. :/

I guess nobody knows what his issue is?

WhoJamFan

Silver Supporting Member
I was lucky enough to score a Lemon Drop Mini used off of Reverb for a great price. Looked brand new when it arrived, and sounds absolutely killer-especially into my Echorec and Belle Epich Deluxe pedals.
Too bad this has happened, would love to get his Brilliance Boost and Leeds boosts pedals again.

Abram4235

Even if the products are good, i always get a bad taste in my mouth with bad service. So much so, that im in the process of selling off some solderless plugs from an unnamed company and replacing with Evidence SIS. The other guy has a pretty good product but i cant stand using his stuff because my opinion of the company has drastically changed since buying it.

There are just too many good companies out there to put up with douche behavior.

MikeFM

You guys kill me. Some of you would rather buy a pedal from some guy in his basement who may or may not deliver a product (wreaking of cigarette smoke) months later (if at all), with no communication in between (or ever) than go to your local store and buy one of those 'mass produced' atrocities. I don't get that. That's got to be one darn good pedal.

drbob1

Gold Supporting Member
Mike, you probably don't know the story... Tommy had a reputation for delivering really good sounding pedals at a very fair price in a timely manner. Some of them were epic sounding. So, this isn't case of "some guy" it's a case of a well known and liked guy whose business has gone south. From the tone of your post, you'd have to rule out buying from, say, Analogman. But I can tell you that he's treated me well for 2 decades and no one has had problems with him not delivering product in a timely and really damn good manner!

Mike, you probably don't know the story... Tommy had a reputation for delivering really good sounding pedals at a very fair price in a timely manner. Some of them were epic sounding. So, this isn't case of "some guy" it's a case of a well known and liked guy whose business has gone south. From the tone of your post, you'd have to rule out buying from, say, Analogman. But I can tell you that he's treated me well for 2 decades and no one has had problems with him not delivering product in a timely and really damn good manner!
And Tommy still makes great quality pedals and the prices are the best value around IMO. I love the 2 pedals I managed to get from him but I doubt I can give him my business again unless I have an assurance that his business management has improved markedly

100JH

You guys kill me. Some of you would rather buy a pedal from some guy in his basement who may or may not deliver a product (wreaking of cigarette smoke) months later (if at all), with no communication in between (or ever) than go to your local store and buy one of those 'mass produced' atrocities. I don't get that. That's got to be one darn good pedal.
You are the one who cracks me up. Clearly you have no experience with any of his pedals or him either

100JH

True. No pedal is worth that crap. Also true.
I've had five of his pedals and never one issue as well as exceptional customer service. He does great work and if you look inside the wiring is immaculate as well as the solder points. Clearly you are knocking him without any experience...not one note or email or phone conversation. And in my humble opinion? That is just wrong

MikeFM

The time delay, is one thing. Especially if you know what you're getting yourself into.

But to have to file a complaint to get your money back before he does something, then there's a problem. A problem with your business strategy, and certainly a problem with one's ethics.

Sorry for the obnoxious initial post. Wasn't exactly my intent. But I just hear a lot of horror stories from people who bought from reputable pedal makers, who might not be such reputable businessmen. A shame.

MikeFM

I've had five of his pedals and never one issue as well as exceptional customer service. He does great work and if you look inside the wiring is immaculate as well as the solder points. Clearly you are knocking him without any experience...not one note or email or phone conversation. And in my humble opinion? That is just wrong
Well clearly you're the lucky one, as many others seem to not be having the same experience as you.

And I never questioned his talents in pedal making, because as you said, I don't have any experience with him or his pedals. But I don't need to have bought one of his pedals to know right from wrong. It is incomprehensible not to return an email or give any updates - no matter how busy you are - to buying customers, who are understandably frustrated with the lack of customer service they are are receiving.

sixty2strat

Sad to see I have MKII I bought from a TGP member and it got funky after a month or so. Tommy offere to fix it free of charge and I mailed if off. I sent it on a Monday, Saturday it is in my mail box, figure USPS returned it for some reason to me the sender...no it was fixed. Been dying to get a Lemon Drop for years but never seem to get it done guess I never will

stonecabin

Has anyone had any dealings with Tommy either recent communication or buying any pedals from him? I'm waiting on a reply from him about getting a Brilliance boost or class a od. Any point in holding out??
Cheers.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom