Seeking delay pedal recommendations

TrickyFish

I am seeking recommendations for a delay pedal. I am looking for:

Digital (I already have the carbon copy for nice analog delays)
Stereo (both ping pong and wide)
Simple (not programmable with 100 different settings; easy to use knobs for level, repeats, time)
Good quality
Small footprint (if possible, not not necessary)
I have a healthy budget, so no cap on price

My favourite pedals are carbon copy, neunaber wet, pog - all simple but good quality effects that are easily changed while playing. I am looking for a digital delay in the same style.

Any recommendations?

TrickyFish

Ps it doesnt need to be a fancy brand if it fits the criteria above - happy to use boutique or low price pedals

Buck Woodson

Supporting Member
+1 DIG

Very reasonable on used market. Meets your specs and sounds killer.
Agreed, love the Dig so much I bought 2 for different pedalboards. Very underrated and/or misunderstood plus you get 2 delays in one that can either be subdivisions or independent. Pingpong, chorus, so much packed into one little box. Check out the demos on the Strymon website, they're killer.

Very much the DD-8 by Boss. I sold my DIG the moment I compared it to the DD-8 in wide stereo mode. The DD-8 made the DIG sound flat and 2D. A/B done with Wet/Dry/Wet setup. The DIG is wonderful, but the DD-8 fit my ears and needs better.

Last edited:

stargazer747

Not sure about stereo and ping pong features but these are the delays I have now...
Earthquaker Devices Space Spiral
Matthews Effects Cosmonaut v2
Walrus Audio ARP-87
Dunlop Echoplex EP103

I've had and also liked these as well:
-MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay M169
-Death By Audio Micro Dream
-J. Rockett Designs Alien Echo

Trending Topics