Seeking help from the Helix community, LT vs full

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by Mooselake, Jun 16, 2017.

1. MusicLaw

MusicLaw Member

I dig it! The rough playing and guitar ideas still convey plenty of Mojo! Nice sounding Presets.

2. Guitar1969

Guitar1969 Member

The deals are out there but you just need to be looking and be patient. On another forum I saw a guy who just picked up a barely used Helix with the backpack for $900. He was going to sell the backpack. Since the backpacks are well received and cost over $100 normally, he will end up in a pretty good position.

blowery likes this.
  3. blowery

blowery Member

Yeah at that rate I overpaid. Mine was 2 weeks old and still plastic on all,but I paid more that that. Oh well, I needed it quicker so...

4. ivanh3

ivanh3 Member

Plus whatever on voting for the regular Helix with scribble strips. If a new LT was about 750-800, I would sing a different tune, but the additional functionality is well worth saving up a bit longer.

5. buddaman71

buddaman71 Student of Life Silver Supporting Member

FWIW: I got my LT at 20% off just by asking my regular local GC rep o always buy from. I was fine paying $799 for mine. I just didn't need the extra size/weight/I/O or scribbles.

6. Guitar1969

Guitar1969 Member

Your deal may not be that bad as you at least have the warranty as I believe its transferable if you register it on Line6. Mine was in pretty good condition but the warranty was over.

Although it seems the Line6 guys here on TGP are pretty good about fixing stuff out of warranty at this point as they know TGP is a source of alot of sales.

In the long run you will be glad you got the full unit over the LT as the price diff is so small and the added features are worth it IMO. After using scribble strips where I have stomps constantly in different places(To utilize stomp/snap split screen config) performance mode on the LT would not suffice, plus I use every bit of the 10 stomp assignments(could use more even), so the 8 stomp limit on the LT would be a issue.

blowery likes this.