Seems like I actually prefer dreads for fingerpicking, 000's for strumming...

still.ill

I have two acoustics a D-15M and 000-MMV I recently picked up. I like how with dreads the low E presence is really there when finger picking, but I like the quieter low E when strumming and strumming on a dread can often be really loud, harder to sing over.

TheoDog

Silver Supporting Member
I was delighted when I discovered the concept of "overdriving" an acoustic top by strumming tough in my wife's 000.
As for fingerpicking, the extra lower end makes sense.

0018g

I grew up finger picking a D-28.

Nobody arrested me. Don't tell anybody, but I still do it.:Devil

davess23

Gold Supporting Member
You probably could have gotten away with this for a long time, but you just had to post it here.

Have the authorities come by to impound your guitars yet?

Jeff Scott

Oy, Vey! D' OM/000 ain't gonna take this too long until it just stops........................ Abusive players will get there's soon enough.

M

Member 1963

I have a slope but not a dread. It's a small body modeled after the old gibson B25 and it's absolutely glorious for strumming. But where it is limited like all small bodied is hitting it hard. Thats where bigger bodies are usually better for strumming. But for light strumming i haven't had a dread thats as good, and who's to say which is more important. It's preference. It's also the best fingerpicker i ever played tho so i certainly am not like the OP in that sense. But really it depends on the guitar too. A really exceptional guitar can change your mind as to which is best for which, but *in general* i still believe that dread=strumming, small body=fingerpicking.

Billy Moss

You know you're breaking the rules.

The thing is the dread has a bigger sound board and it all holds up during heavy strumming where a OOO will begin to distort the harder you strum, but have it your way if that's what you're going for or that's the way your guitars react to strumming..

hank57

Silver Supporting Member
It's your ear man. You're just wanting the same volume between the guitar.

I bet you talk loud and chew loud too.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom