• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Sell or keep?

mccreadyisgod

I'd sell anything that doesn't have an emotional attachment, or that you believe to be replaceable. Everything else can be thought of as liquid, stuff that would do some good in someone else's hands, and better off gone from your own space and responsibility. Time to Marie Kondo the collection.

I'm in a weird space personally, where I haven't played most of my collection in months, and it's starting to weigh on me to hoard all this gear. But at the same time, the thought of letting anything go gives me some wicked anxiety, so for the moment, it's going to stay.

pete12string

Silver Supporting Member
I'm in a weird space personally, where I haven't played most of my collection in months, and it's starting to weigh on me to hoard all this gear. But at the same time, the thought of letting anything go gives me some wicked anxiety, so for the moment, it's going to stay.
That's pretty much how I'm feeling... I was thinking of selling the banjo and mandolin but it's kind of neat having those around "in case" I get the urge. I guess, when in doubt, do nothing. :cool:

spence

Why keep something you don't use? I'm getting ready to unload my old Firebird because it sits in the closet.

Mr Fingers

I don't even comprehend the idea of hanging on to stuff you don't use. If "use" includes "massive emotional attachment to the object" that's another story, I guess. I know many people disagree, and that's fine for them, and I know many people like to possess as many guitars as they can, etc. My personal recommendation is to not do that. Further, I don't think it's necessary to translate sales of stuff you don't play into more guitars, this time electric, unless you have need or interest and use. Of course, I'm assuming you're a musician.

Trending Topics