• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Sell the SJ200 For A hummingbird buy ?

Iorio

Hi, I doubt sell a Gibson SJ200 to buy a hummingbird , well .. Sheryl Crow model . Would you do ?

zombywoof

The Sheryl Crow guitar is actually a C & W but when it comes down to it the guitar is pretty much a Hummingbird without the bling. As a J-200 and a Hummingbird are two very different sounding and feeling guitars, I would think the decision would be easy. If you are not sure and sitting on the fence about which way to go, I would wait until you knew.

0018g

For me a no-brainer-I like C&W's. I love the look of J200's, but they just never grabbed me sound-wise. As they say on the interweb, YMMV.

zombywoof

I have to agree on the J-200. They are an amazing guitar especially the older ones which go back to when Gibson only made 100 or so a year. The guitar that has been with me the longest is a 1960 J-200. You will not find a guitar that is better built or with such care as to have ear tuned tops and bracing. But they all, no matter when built, have a voice which is very different from the round shoulder jumbos. Just not everyone's cup of tea.

Iorio

The J200 is a great guitar, but not for that reason has to be the guitar that suits you best. I still have doubts

Trending Topics