Selling a guitar you just bought new, and losing money on it, instead of just returning it?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Noise Under The Floor, Aug 12, 2019 at 10:37 PM.

1. gjohnson441496lpjr

gjohnson441496lpjr Member

They don’t want to ask because they assume they’re not telling the truth in the first place.

2. metr01d

metr01d Member

This happens. I work for a company that sells products online and if you purchase and return similar high dollar items 3 times in a row within a certain time frame, you're blocked from placing any more orders.

3. whatizitman

whatizitman Member

Retailers have made their money on the deal. GC/MF/sweetwater gear finance deals are not car loans. They are bank cards with ridiculously high interest rates for anyone who’s late on a payment, or otherwise does not pay the entire amount before the zero interest term is up.

I seriously can’t think of any logical reason why someone would sell off financed (through GC, etc..) gear for quick cash, given they still have to pay off the deal according to the terms of the promotion, or their credit will be get royally fried.

Ok I can think of two possible reasons. Three, if all the above is an option.

They’re either retarded, a junkie, or both.

4. MilwMark

MilwMark Member

Is that photo of you or part of your signature? If not, why is it part of your post?

5. fjrabon

fjrabon Member

Her famous quote was “ain’t nobody got time for that”

Noise Under The Floor likes this.
  6. edwarddavis

edwarddavis Supporting Member

I would have never that of doing that
    Brilliant if your desperate
    Luckily I’m not

HoboMan likes this.
  7. Bolt VanderHuge

Bolt VanderHuge Member

Maybe they're selling it on Opposite Day, when to lose money is to make money?:dunno

8. Jahn

Jahn Listens to Johnny Marr, plays like John Denver Supporting Member

Wow that just opened my eyes. Someone must have done that here in my town too. I always wondered why I saw a guitar in one shop then the exact same one at the other shop within the same week.

9. DRS

DRS Member

Seldom will a low $ value consumer item like an ordinary guitar have a chattel mortgage attached to it. Once you buy it, it's yours and you owe the money regardless what you do with it.

Noise Under The Floor likes this.