"Selling entire board, will not separate"

vintage66

It would have to be stupid cheap. The vast majority of buyers don't want everything on the board and would have to sell what they don't want.

p.mo

Silver Supporting Member
Unless it's a single brand thing like all-Boss or all-DOD or something fanboy like that... can't see there being much demand.

mici

Selling entire board is always bad idea. Since every pedalboard is rather customized for special needs, playing style and music genre, I guess that only seller's clone would buy the whole setup.

However there might be an exception - tiny pedalboards like pedaltrain nano with two or three pedals - let's say tuner, OD box and delay. Then chances are better.

juri

It's good for those that are buying to resell. I went through the exercise of selling my board last year to get funds for an AX8 and selling the pedals individually does bring in more money but if you take into account the expense of selling and shipping you lose a lot. Initially I was hoping for someone looking to buy it for the pedals they need and resell the rest.

goodhonk

I like that the guys selling their whole set-up often include, for my consideration, the time it took them to investigate each pedal and power supply etc. they are even willing to throw that in without extra cost. Also clear-coating.

calfzilla

Cynical Hack
I never see any deals on these. It's always "hey, here are a bunch of stupid cheap pedals that aren't worth shipping individually" or "hey, here are a bunch of stupid expensive pedals. only one or two are really desirable and would sell instantly, the rest would sit, so I'll sell the whole thing 'at a discount' of about $300 of what it would cost you to buy all the pedals used yourself".

Or, the seller has an offer from The Mothership and is hoping someone will offer him more.

MoonshineMan

If I was a guy who routinely flipped gear, I'd do it if it had some stuff I liked and was a great deal. But it would REALLY have to be a good deal.
Guys who sell their whole boards are doing what?? Quitting music? Desperate to pay bills? Moving to college? Going multi effects or modeling processors?
If you think you can make a little money with no real effort, it might be worth it.

I've bought two complete boards. Both had a high percentage of things I wanted or would like to try. Crucially both also had empty boxes for the pedals. Also near enough to collect in person.

What worries me most about these is the possibility that they are stolen.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom