Selling my newer gear and buying vintage.

Discussion in '"Vintage" Instruments' started by RockinB23, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Dickey

Dickey Member

I only play vintage original, or Custom Shop guitars, and vintage original amps, except for my pedal steel amp (Peavey Renown 1-15"). New production guitars just don't do it for me. Not saying they don't sound good, but the vintage guitars feel better & are more touch-sensitive; IOW they "play themselves". With new guitars, it is a struggle to get a good sound, with vintage original, the sound is just "there".

Kapepper likes this.
  2. Scottone

Scottone Member

I've been making a move towards acoustic music lately so sold a couple of nice boutique electrics to pick up a '59 J45 and '59 LG3.

3. elmogs

elmogs Member

I have both. A magical vintage 55 Les Paul Special cohabitates with a magical 52 Masterbuilt Tele. I love vintage gear - they have a story to tell-the vibe they give off cannot be recreated by relicing. But-a great sounding guitar tone? We are living in a time where we have some truly fantastic and talented builders. And there is a lot of great sounding and looking guitars out there. I have even played some incredible Squier Strats from China. I couldn’t believe it. Great feel and tone. I love the new with the old. Works for me.