Selling the Mesa.....what's a fair asking price?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by taylorman22, Apr 24, 2008.

1. taylorman22

taylorman22 Member

Hopefully I'm not breaking the forum rules here. I think we've decided to go ahead and let the Mesa Boogie Rocket 44 go and get a smaller amp that fits out needs. Rather than spending money on an attenuator and other gear to help make it work at lower volumes, we think it'd be easiest to just sell it and buy a smaller amp. I've been looking online to get an idea of what these are worth but I can't really find many for sale. Do any of you have an idea of what would be a fair asking price for this amp? It's about 4 years old and is in MINT condition. It's basically sat in the same place on the stage for the past few years. bThe tubes are 2 years old, but have very little playing time on them.

2. curare

curare Member

I just sold mine locally for $325 but it needed a new gain pot. I think one recently sold here for around $500. I would think $450- 500 is realistic.

3. taylorman22

taylorman22 Member

That's what I was thinking....just a guess though. Maybe I'll try and get $500 shipped for it. I'll post in the classifieds.

Thanks.

4. oldrock

oldrock Member

I agree with what has been said. If it is really clean, $500 is about right. If it has any damage to cloth or problems, price goes down from there. Don't forget mesa makes smaller amps.

5. taylorman22

taylorman22 Member

Cool. Yeah, just looked it over again....the thing is absolutely mint. It has a Celestion speaker and EL84 tubes.

6. theroan

theroan Member

Prepal.com tracked 50 ebay sales of the amp and the average price was $458