Semi Broken Up Brit 800 G3 FW18 Mark Day

samhill

This is the newly vamped FW18 G3 Brit 800 model. Man this amp sounds so great!!
I normally don't do this semi-broken up tone but this is too much fun.

Mr. Brady

Silver Supporting Member
Too much gain.

It's my standard response to all your clips.

Actually doesn't apply here. Sounds great. (Your other clips also sound great, but I can always go to my standby response for those.

rezidentura

This is the newly vamped FW18 G3 Brit 800 model. Man this amp sounds so great!!
I normally don't do this semi-broken up tone but this is too much fun.

total tease man i love that song and was waiting for you to break into that intro lick. Love the tone!!

GCKelloch

That's a nice rhythm sound. Do you know where the highs roll off on whatever type of modulation you used? I find ~1.6kHz to be good in general, but ~2kHz might good for that type of sound, and not high enough to make it sound too metallic.

shasha

Yeah, Mark's pretty good at making my patches sound like I'm playing jazz....but he makes it work. :)

aizenx

Too much gain.

It's my standard response to all your clips.

Actually doesn't apply here. Sounds great. (Your other clips also sound great, but I can always go to my standby response for those.

That's definitely subjective. I love his gainy sounds (on other clips). Plus, in a mix I bet that "too much gain" is just right.

Horses for courses, but a lot of times I'll hear guys and say, that's not enough gain.

Blix

Wannabe Shredder
Silver Supporting Member
Semi-broken up, still double the gain of VH 1 :p

Do it again with a strat! :)

aculturemind

Yeah, that's getting into mid-gain territory. It's nice....but I can imagine sweeter.....though that's probably something any tube design can't do. Perhaps yet.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom