• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Semi Hollow Les Paul

PunkKitty

GC is going to sell a bunch of these. This is a scan from their February, 2014 flyer. I haven't been able to find this online.

My guess is that this is what the chambering looks like.

The odd thing is that it's a Special. They usually have thin solid bodies without much depth to cut chambers. My guess is that this is a flat top. If not, it will be more of a Studio.

There is no mention of this model on Gibson's site.

M

Member 37136

Not really a hollowbody per se, and the zebra pickups kill the look, but I dig the F-hole.

SPROING!

At that price, they'll sell several. Nice looking guitar.
Reminds me of my old Epi Alley Kat.

sergiodeblanc

I always wonder what Les would do with one of these if he were alive... Do you think he'd pour epoxy in the hole or try to stuff it full of wood?

teledude55

finally they are upfront about the Hollow Les Pauls they have been selling for 7 years. I will check one out.

Gallery

Silver Supporting Member

If I wanted a semi-hollow smaller than my 335, I think I'd rather have a 339 than that thing.

ixnay

finally they are upfront about the Hollow Les Pauls they have been selling for 7 years. I will check one out.
When were they not upfront about the chambered Les Pauls? (I'm assuming that is what you're referring to since they started chambering just about everything about 7 years ago - and stopped, for the most part, a year or two ago)

Whiskeyrebel

Silver Supporting Member
I like it but the look of the model with two f-holes balances better visually. Both would look better with smaller f-holes that are more proportionate to the lower bout.

angusharris

Just picked one of these up and really liking it. With the split coils and the semi-hollowbody construction, you can really get a lot of sounds out of this baby.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom