Sequencers: Analog vs. Digital/Software

Bobo Fret

Whatchyou lookin' at?
Is there a difference?

I'm having trouble figuring out what an analog sequencer brings to the party anymore. Synths sure, but sequencers?

cjcayea

cool as a cucumber in a bowl of hot sauce
afaik, analog sequencers offer tighter integration with analog synths. daw midi can be tricky to sync properly with analog gear. I haven't bothered trying with my own rig, so take my second-hand info with a grain of salt

D Rock

afaik, analog sequencers offer tighter integration with analog synths. daw midi can be tricky to sync properly with analog gear. I haven't bothered trying with my own rig, so take my second-hand info with a grain of salt

Really depends on what gear you are using, lots of analog synths these days have usb midi which works find with my daw squencer. However, you are right, some stuff that require CV to sequence is a different story.

whitepapagold

CV to midi converters work perfectly. If you can't get one to work its user error... And yes I use midi to CV daily. Posters please name an actual synth or situation where you can't substitute midi to CV for an analog sequencer...

There is NOTHING analog sequencers bring to the table.

They are obsolete.

The ONLY use they have now is to pair up with the vintage gear they were intended for as part of a collection.

Don't waste your time or energy.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom