• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Sequential resumes making Prophet 5, Prophet 10

zekmoe

Purest would hate it ;)

This is the reason, other than price, I'm only interested in the module.
Keyboards imho are a relative bargain compared to many guitars. Online stores are filled with guitars $6000-$12000, and sell dozens a day. A $3000-$4000 synth seems like a deal.

tjontheroad

Just Wanna Be Misunderstood
Keyboards imho are a relative bargain compared to many guitars. Online stores are filled with guitars $6000-$12000, and sell dozens a day. A $3000-$4000 synth seems like a deal.
I pretty much agree. Still, the P5/10 is over my personal spending per any one gear item limit (guitars included). I think $2,700 is the most I've ever spent on any one thing.

zekmoe

I pretty much agree. Still, the P5/10 is over my personal spending per any one gear item limit (guitars included). I think $2,700 is the most I've ever spent on any one thing.
I know, I’m not saying everyone should snap up a $3500 synth. But even a flagship Moog 1 is less than your average relic’d Murphy Les Paul.
I have a limit too, which is why I’ve always wanted but never bought a carved top Gibson arch top. For 30 years they’ve been beyond what I will pay for a guitar.

Flouncingfleasbag

Silver Supporting Member
For me wanting the module over the keyboard is more about not wanting another keyboard that will take up space.
I'm at the " you get what you pay for" state of mind. I appreciate that it's a huge investment but one Prophet is worth more than six mod range synths to me, functionality wise and sound quality wise. Not having to have two folding tables full of modules ( but maybe still...Hahaha) I used a prophet 600 for years and it was such a great instrument even with its quirks. The new 5, 6 10 etc. Solve all those issues and give you the flexibility to make so many sounds. Of course you have to love that filter...hahaha.

I'm at the " you get what you pay for" state of mind. I appreciate that it's a huge investment but one Prophet is worth more than six mod range synths to me, functionality wise and sound quality wise. Not having to have two folding tables full of modules ( but maybe still...Hahaha) I used a prophet 600 for years and it was such a great instrument even with its quirks. The new 5, 6 10 etc. Solve all those issues and give you the flexibility to make so many sounds. Of course you have to love that filter...hahaha.
Yes, that's why I'm seriously considering getting one. But the module, not the keyboard.

Flouncingfleasbag

Silver Supporting Member
Yes, that's why I'm seriously considering getting one. But the module, not the keyboard.
I was on the fence about that, too. I looked at what they are selling for used and it seems the full keyboard 6 is almost the same price... I think someone ot would be the center of my synth world I'd for for it to be the keyboard, even though, logically, the module makes more sense. I think I will midi sync a couple to the Phrophet and a couple to the keystep pro. Space is a premium, especially when you want to use it all...hahaha.

Off subject... do you know anyone that can drop pulse sync into an old drum machine? I've seen it done, just don't know anyone. You seem to be well versed.

Off subject... do you know anyone that can drop pulse sync into an old drum machine? I've seen it done, just don't know anyone. You seem to be well versed.
I just little bits of experience here and there, but that experience does not include old drum machines. I don't have any vintage gear - drum machine or otherwise.

I actually just ordered my first drum machine with trigger outputs - the Roland TR-06.

Flouncingfleasbag

Silver Supporting Member
I just little bits of experience here and there, but that experience does not include old drum machines. I don't have any vintage gear - drum machine or otherwise.

I actually just ordered my first drum machine with trigger outputs - the Roland TR-06.
Have fun withat...the old ones are sick! I have 707 with the pulse out, running into a Malekko Goatkeeper,holy cannoly !

Trending Topics