Sequis Motherload sounds

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by GuitarBrent, Jul 18, 2006.

1. GuitarBrent

GuitarBrent Member

OK, I'm getting better and better sounds out of this thing. I'm still really struggling to capture the vibe of each pickup setting of my EJ Strat and Suhr Swamp Ash Classic. Neck pickup still muddy and fizzy, along with positions 2 & 4. If I keep the Germino down at around 6 or below, it seems to go away. I hate limitations, but I have been playing a lot over the last 4-5 days since receiving it. Take a listen to the 2 Motherload clips I've recorded here: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=375366

Very loose jamming after midnight tonight. Wife and 9 month old fast asleep. Chain was Hamer or PRS->Klotz 20' La Grange->Germino Lead 55 w/channels jumpered set to volumes 6->Motherload->Art Dual MP->Roland VS880->Cakewalk.

I'm really torn whether I should keep it or not...If I could only nail the sound of my Strats now...:worried

2. Reissueplayer

Reissueplayer Member

Thank you for recording and posting with the Motherload. I really wanted to hear it. I can't get the link to work however.

3. Rock Fella

Rock Fella Member

is the sequis motherload the richter attenuator ?

4. Rock Fella

Rock Fella Member

i gave the hamer and prs clips with the motherload a listen and to me they sound overcompressed like something is strangling their full dynamic range. if this is the richter, what volume was the amp on ?

jimmy

5. tonefreak

tonefreak Member

6. msrecprod

msrecprod Member

tonefreak, what's your setup now

7. tonefreak

tonefreak Member

I'm all over TGP with this, but no one seems to give it much substance... I think it works the best of all the methods I've tried:

amp > THD Hotplate (load)> Line Out > Radial Reamp > PODxt as a speaker sim ("Studio" mode and "no amp" amp) > Mbox (original)

8. Rock Fella

Rock Fella Member

dumb-arsed question , i visited motherload site :rolleyes:

9. GuitarBrent

GuitarBrent Member

It's the Motherload as a load/speaker sim. To me it sounds way overcompressed. No matter what I do, I can't get rid of the compression, fizz, and muddiness. John, I appreciate your insight and informed ideas as always, but yes, I've tried taking the ART out of the chain, and turning the output level down on the Sequis. It seems like the Mother can't handle the load.

10. GuitarBrent

GuitarBrent Member

Tonefreak, your new setup definitely sounds more open and natural. Of course you've got 3 pieces of gear there that will cost around $780-800 new plus shipping. I'm assuming the new POD as an amp sim sounds as crappy and unrealistic as the first 2 PODs. Do you use the Reamp or Hotplate for anything else? The Motherload is definitely going back.

11. tonefreak

tonefreak Member

If you're paying more than $680 for all three pieces and not getting free shipping, then you're looking at the wrong stores. You could save a ton by getting these off of ebaY.

I would make the assumption that the PODxt sounds crappy, but it's a matter of your preferences. I think the PODxt sounds pretty good given the right application and tweaking... the presets suck.

I don't use the Hotplate or Reamp for anything else.

12. bobotwt

bobotwt Supporting Member

I'm looking at using this method live. Exactly what purpose is the Radial Reamp serving in this configuration?

Josh