Seriously...how many times have you rearranged your board during quarantine?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by BootRoots, Apr 4, 2020.

1. stratguy23

stratguy23 Supporting Member

I got 3 new pedals in trade end of last week, so I rearranged my board to add them. I’ve officially outgrown my PT-2.

2. radiocure

radiocure Supporting Member

I put together 3 boards and finally programmed my Morningstar to control my HX Stomp.

AbePhroman likes this.
  3. 100JH

100JH Member

Waiting on the CT

4. Overdriver18

Overdriver18 Member

On Friday, I went through all of my overdrive and distortion pedals from my shelf and tried to figure out if I wanted to rearrange my board, and ended up with the same two OD/distortion pedals that have been on my board for months now. Otherwise, I tend to shift things slightly and then I end back up at pretty much the same spot every few days. I think I'm extremely close to completely finishing my board if its already not done right now.

5. 5cr33nager

5cr33nager Member

Once, added a Ampeg classic bass preamp.

6. Alchemist XP

Alchemist XP Silver Supporting Member

Seriously...how many times have you rearranged your board during quarantine?

Answer: 0

7. Doomrider78

Doomrider78 Member

I dont have a board: does tripping over pedals whilst walking around count as rearranging?

8. Calebz

Calebz Member

I added a noise gate when this all started. Haven't touched it since.

Kinda funny. I was rearranging practically every week for months leading up to all this. Got everything nailed down just as lockdown started.

Still need a better mini tuner. But I'm not gigging, so using one of my better, larger tuners isn't a hardship

9. ben777

ben777 Member

The only thing I’ve done is swap out my Phase 95 and Digitech Polara a couple times and mostly left the Polara on. I’ve been pretty focused on actually practicing. I had switched to a Fender Tre-Verb instead of the Polara.

I haven’t really got on well with the Phaser, so I’ve been experimenting with having 2 different reverbs available instead or combining them.

10. JohnK24

JohnK24 Member

Guilty !!!

About three times now...and I've added and subtracted 4 boxes during the past 3 weeks...finally got the tone I want and control with both my PRS guitars and strat.
    Biggest moves...pulled my Klone off (Smoky Amps...great sounding pedal, just didn't like the lower mids with my McCarty), replaced it with a new RC Booster. Moorer Yellow Comp gone (hated it...very sterile) and added the SP Comp. I had the AC Booster...and now I realize that the RC was MADE to drive the AC....best tones I've gotten in years. My Mesa Express blues channel is set up for a slight driven tone (think Dickey Betts) and these Xotic boxes kick that well, and stay in control (dialing back the bass is a HUGE improvement in my tone). Call me an Xotic fanboy fan.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
    Not Orange likes this.
  11. Help!I'maRock!

Help!I'maRock! Member

Once. A friend was fixing the pedals he built for me and had the time to get them done and send them back.

From here out, the only changes should really come when I switch out dirt pedals. That said, it's all over should I decide to put the TZF back on the board, which was the original purpose of the PTc2.

[​IMG]

DonaldDemon likes this.
  12. Meriphew

Meriphew Member

Zero. I’ve been working on songs.

13. 89strat

89strat Member

I haven't....yet. But, I've been on pedalboardplanner.com just about every day for length of my quarantine.

eltorrero likes this.
  14. Fr3shMak3r

Fr3shMak3r Whatever Gold Supporting Member

A few times! Been working on my new board for a while, and have been trying some new stuff, revisiting stuff I had laying around, and generally just trying to zero in on what I wanted.

I finally have it sorted out, and spent the last couple of days doing the final layout and cabling. Just waiting on a couple of particular cables, a Saturnworks footswitch, and an MXR Phase 95

Not Orange likes this.
  15. eltorrero

eltorrero Member

I have not...I have found what works for my covers and originals and everything stays as is

16. Kevy_Metal

Kevy_Metal Member

The most I ever do is swap out pedals depending on my mood.

17. GreatSatan

GreatSatan Member

surprisingly not at all, but i haven't bought anything new in a while to incorporate in

18. RwP42

RwP42 Supporting Member

I have been practicing nearly every day, and just purchased a music theory course to work on at my leisure in the evenings.

So because of all of that ‘good’ stuff, I purchased several new pedals and am moving from a Metro 16 to a Novo 24. :) What a lovely distraction from my four walls.

I have also been re-watching all the TPS vids on pedal board builds. I am going to really take my time this week and ‘do it right’.

19. jonnytexas

jonnytexas Supporting Member

Last night while drinking beer in my garage and shooting the **** with a buddy on the phone who was also drinking I put together a board with some of my leftover pedals that haven't seen action in years. I got to wank on it a bit goday and it might be a contender for some gigs (if I ever have any again).

Not Orange likes this.
  20. Occam

Occam Member

3 including about an hour ago. I’ve got a few separate boards though.