Seriously... how the hell do they achieve that sound

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by yaniv297, Apr 5, 2015.

1. yaniv297

yaniv297 Member

An Israeli fusion band called Tatran, uploaded a video where they run their bass drum through guitar effects - and it's really unique and awesome.

You can watch it here.

So my question is, if anyone figures out what's going on, which effects are used, how it's connected, etc it would be great, cause i'm really interested :). I recognize some of the effects but no idea how they cause that sound. Particularly that cool groove in 0:54.

BTW You can watch more of their stuff here, some really unique use of effects and great music&playing overall.

2. Chrome Dinette

Chrome Dinette Silver Supporting Member

Before the point you were talking about, I heard a lot of filter type effects. I think they switched to either ring mod, or possible very short delay with lots of feedback or maybe even a flange around the :54 mark.

Looking at the other guy(not the drummer), he appears to be switching patches on a Line 6 pedal modeler.

EDIT: Around :54, it may just be more filter with a different lfo pattern.

3. guitarchris76

guitarchris76 Member

He is using a Line 6 M13 and it sounds like at one point or another he is using the synth effect, the sequencer, the comet trails reverb and one of the sub octave fuzz effects. The M13 and its little brothers are all great tools for experimenting.

4. Ivo

Ivo Member

Well, I just discovered a cool new band. Thanks, dood. The guitarist gets some amazing sounds via his hands and effects.

5. tochiro

tochiro Member

IMO the drums are plugged into the FXs.

6. geek-mo

geek-mo Supporting Member

Lots of bean dip and elephant garlic.