• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Seriously?! (USPS content)

amdowell

Silver Supporting Member
I had 2 pedals "delivered" yesterday. One of them is here. The other... Not. Both time stamped "delivered" at the exact same time and address, but one's not here. Contacted my post office and they're no help at all. Anyone else have this happen? Any advice?

chip46

Happens quite a lot where I live. College town, lots of apartments. They've lost packages of mine in the past. Luckily it's gotten better, or at least I figured out what was going on. They were mistaking my building for the one next to it.

Last week a package of mine was marked as delivered but not there, so I called and got the guy who delivers my route on the phone and he told me where he left it (the building next door). Luckily it was still leaning against the door. Couple days later had a textbook delivered saying the same thing, and it was in the same spot. It's good that the one guy now knows he was wrong, but they change drivers out all the time, so the new people have no idea they're wrong.

Pretty frustrating, but see if you can talk directly to the person who delivers your route.

cap217

Silver Supporting Member
I had something delivered. Check out the route this package took...

Service Type: USPS Tracking&#8482;/Insured <=$200

Shipment ActivityLocationDate & Time ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Notice LeftCLEVELAND, OH 44129January 23, 2014 11:49 am
Processed through USPS Sort Facility
WARRENDALE, PA 15095January 22, 2014 12:13 pm
Depart USPS Sort FacilityCINCINNATI, OH 45235January 22, 2014
Processed through USPS Sort FacilityCINCINNATI, OH 45235January 21, 2014 10:54 am
Processed through USPS Sort FacilityWARRENDALE, PA 15095January 19, 2014 10:15 am
Undeliverable as Addressed
CLEVELAND, OH 44101January 13, 2014 9:55 am
Undeliverable as Addressed
CLEVELAND, OH 44109January 13, 2014 7:26 am
Arrival at Post Office
CLEVELAND, OH 44109January 13, 2014 6:57 am
Depart USPS Sort FacilityWARRENDALE, PA 15095January 12, 2014 Processed through USPS Sort Facility
WARRENDALE, PA 15095
January 12, 2014 12:42 am
Electronic Shipping Info Received
January 6, 2014

PA to CLE to CLE to PA to CIN to PA to CLE

Empros

Sometimes they pre-scan something. So they scan it as delivered, forget about it, and deliver it the next day. If it's not there tomorrow, start worrying!

amdowell

Silver Supporting Member
I called the post office before they closed and I let them know what had happened and gave them a description of the box. I contacted the seller to let him know what was going on. I guess I just play the waiting game.

I figured since it didn't show yesterday, maybe it would today. That's why I'm worrying now.

Lionel Hutz

Happened to me earlier this month. Online tracking showed box delivered on a Saturday, but I didn't get any mail that day. Went to the post office on Monday and they told me it was marked as delivered so there wasn't anything they could do other than tell the driver. I gave them the tracking number and the next day it was delivered...

Empros

I called the post office before they closed and I let them know what had happened and gave them a description of the box. I contacted the seller to let him know what was going on. I guess I just play the waiting game.

I figured since it didn't show yesterday, maybe it would today. That's why I'm worrying now.
Could still appear tomorrow or any day this week, really... It might have been delivered to the wrong address. Here's what Canada Post did to me once:

I had received two packages on the same day that both said "delivered". One was delivered to 45 street name, my actual address, and the other was delivered to 15 street name because of the moron who covered it up with a sticker.

la noise

I had one that was marked as "delivered" and never showed up. Ever. I hope your
story ends up different.

SirGilmour

LOL. I thought it said "Matthew is great." Good stuff.

Could still appear tomorrow or any day this week, really... It might have been delivered to the wrong address. Here's what Canada Post did to me once:

I had received two packages on the same day that both said "delivered". One was delivered to 45 street name, my actual address, and the other was delivered to 15 street name because of the moron who covered it up with a sticker.

Last edited:

forgivenman

Silver Supporting Member
Same thing happened to me yesterday but with UPS. All my Mesa Mark III pedals arrived but the amp is stuck south of here. Didn't come today either due to weather.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Empros

LOL. I thought it said "Matthew is great." Good stuff.
Well it wouldn't be lying if it did ;)

Good luck OP. I think it'll show up eventually, but who knows. Once it says delivered and it's not there, it's totally up in the air. Who knows what happened to it. Could be that there was no room in the mailbox so the postman is waiting on it. Unlikely, though.

ruger9

Silver Supporting Member
In the last few years, this kind of crap happens ALL THE TIME where I live. Mostly out of my own PO. Says it's "delivered" on friday, but the mail carrier didn't what to burden his friday or saturday route with a BOX... so I don't get it until monday.

USPS has been sucking more and more in recent years. I'll stop short of making a crack about union labor (and I come from a union family)

justnick

Yeah, USPS sadly is going downhill fast. Unfortunate--advanced industrial societies should have...postal services.

Best bet is usually to talk to the carrier if you can. You'll get a sense from him/her as to the best course of action. Sometimes they know where to look if it was "misplaced." Sometimes they'll know which supervisor can help you. Sometimes they'll save you the trouble and tell you straight up, "Sorry dude, it's probably gone for good."

justnick

Oh and just to be clear, the problem is actually that the union contract and work rules have been SEVERELY undermined in recent years (not a political statement, just observation) so there is really bad under-staffing, lots of temp and sub folks on the routes, impossibly short-staffed package windows and VERY low morale that leads to all manner of problems. It's gotten so I really avoid using them at all. I've had tracked packages disappear IN the PO branch!

Pedals have the unfortunate disadvantage of looking rather like boxed up smart phones and therefore are perhaps particularly tempting for underpaid temps and also thieves who steal off doorsteps.

baybruin

I've had some adventures with USPS lately too. College town here too... I had 3 packages to be delivered on the same day. All three were pedals: one priority insured, one priority, and one parcel.

The priority box was delivered, the insured one they left a pink notice, and the parcel one read "delivered" but was nowhere to be found.

Let's just say it's been 2 and 1/2 weeks and a few trips to the PO from the day it said "delivered"... and I just got the package yesterday. At least it got here safe?

TDJMB

Platinum Supporting Member
I often have things delivered to my office. When the post office sorts packages for offices, they throw them in various bins. If they throw it in the wrong bin, oh well, they're all marked as delivered. I had a package go missing and it eventually showed up but that was dependent on the other office being honest. Still, despite their terrible tracking, I've had better results with USPS than with UPS or FedEx.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom