• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

Set list to appeal to middle aged women...

CC Overdrive

Crazy Bitch. Seems like every 30+ women thinks this is about them, no matter their actual craziness.

Closer. NIN. That'll weed out the ones who used to wear dark purple eyeliner and fishnets to Western Civ. You remember....the ones your Moms wouldnt approve of.

mvsr990

The person who said '90s R&B earlier is mostly spot on but I'd extend that up to today - a cover band that could do D'Angelo's "Devil's Pie" or "Untitled" would absolutely murder with most women in the 35-55 age bracket. I mean, good luck nailing either one but give it a try. Anthony Hamilton, John Legend, Childish Gambino's "Redbone" there's plenty of non-sample based R&B a guitar band could (theoretically) do.

All the classic rock from earlier might get a nostalgia trip from some but I honestly think that's crowd being conditioned of what to expect from a bar band. If you're delving before 1985, I'd make it New Wave/synth-poppy. Learn some A-Ha.

GenoVox

Gold Supporting Member
Speaking as a middle aged guy... they usually wanna hear anything that makes them feel younger again - especially if it makes them wanna dance

As my (also middle aged) wife often reminds me... “Like the song says, girls just wanna have fun”

Baxtercat

Silver Supporting Member
Bette Midler, Barbra Streisand, Celine Dionne, Barry Manilow, Tom Jones, etc.
That was a setlist for middle aged women 20 years ago. Time has moved on. That is for the over 60 crowd now.
In fact, that M.O.R. list may be for 40--50 yrs ago.
I see lotsa 50 yr olds in the places and they want BadCo, Sweet Home, other classic rock.
[and, as said above, Disco n Funk. They wanna shake their booties.]

Last edited:

Babaroo

Tracy Chapman " give me a reason to stay here" gets em up on their feet every time I have noticed.

Bobby D

One of the more powerful bands I saw that catered to this demographic would do their second set “unplugged” as an acoustic quartet with great vocals and harmonies. “Not a dry seat in the house” as Sir David St. Hubbins would say.....

Bobby D

Personally, i’m Quite happy and experienced at disappointing 40-something women. I’m married to one :horse

MikeVB

Silver Supporting Member
Older Women Are Beautiful Lovers, Tight Fitting Jeans, etc creepy misogynistic country done tongue in cheek.

Trending Topics