• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Seth Lovers incoming

Sean French

I couldn't resist getting these for my '01 LP Standard a dear gave me for my B-Day.
While the stock pickups are fine and sound good , I do find 'em too hot for my taste.
I've always preferred low/mid output un-potted humbuckers.
Have played LPs with Seth Lovers and also owned Antiquities so , I know I dig 'em.
Got a good deal too. $165 shipped for a brand new set with nickel covers.
Have a bad pot that needs replacing so , I'm going to gut it. I already have a couple of wiring harnesses form some ex Historics. Have some old stock .022uf PIO caps too.
So , next weekend will be gutting and wiring my LP.

cratz2

Silver Supporting Member
Should be awesome! Esp in your SUPER awesome gift!

What pickups came stock in Standards in '01?

Pietro

2-Voice Guitar Junkie and All-Around Awesome Guy
I've had a few gibson style 2-hum guitars in my time. Seth Lovers were, by a long shot, the best pickups I ever had in any of them.

guitarnut_1

I normally really like Seths (have them in 3 guitars) and a few months ago installed a set also into my Hamer Monaco Elite. Before them I had a set of Slash Alnico 2 Pros, I think I prefered the Slashs better... more warmth, mids and girth. The Seths sound kind of harsh in this Monaco. Haven't had time to install the Slashs back thou....

But as I said, Seth Lovers are great pickups, just found out, that a great pickup doesn't ALWAYS sound as you would expect in every guitar. I think in your Les Paul, they will sound awesome. My Monaco is a bright guitar acoustically, a Les Paul is not that bright, so it should be sweet.

loudif

I have a set of Seth's in my MIK epiphone dot. I think they are great. I've played them in dots, LPs and SGs and they sound good in all of them to my ears.

Enjoy!

Trending Topics