Setlist Helper and Spacing

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by wire-n-wood, Feb 14, 2020.

1. wire-n-wood

wire-n-wood Supporting Member

Over the years I’ve collected loads of song lyrics and chords. They’re mostly in simple text format, with the chord markings above the words. Chord markings are spaced to the correct place with ‘spaces’ so must be viewed or printed with mono-spaced font.

All good.

Now I’m trying to put that into Setlist Helper on a tablet because my duo partner uses this app. All going well... except...

The spacing between chords is lost in display. Even when I display in Courier New. The chord markings all compress to the beginning of the line. When I click ‘edit’ on the song, I can see the spaces are all still there. But i can’t figure out how to make it display correctly while playing. Much googling hasn’t helped.

Does anyone know a solution for this? Many thanks in advance.

2. frankencat

frankencat Guitarded Supporting Member

Convert the documents to images or pdfs. That should lock in the formatting although you wont be able to edit it.

3. wire-n-wood

wire-n-wood Supporting Member

Thanks. Yep, I've already seen that working fine on the PDFs. But I didn't really want to convert 300 other text files if I can avoid it.

Also, the app as some other features... like an editor to make corrections or notes, or the ability to transpose the chords to another key on the fly. Sounds pretty cool, but it would need access to the text to be able to do that, presumably. PDFs lock everything in as un-editable.

4. Jp2558

Jp2558 Member

I leave mine in .doc format.