Setting intonation on newer 3-saddle bridges

Pseudohobbit

Silver Supporting Member
I generally set up my own guitars, and I'd like to add a tele to the stable down the road. I'd prefer to get a Suhr as they've been my favorite brand for a while. My question is though, on those newer brass 3-saddle tele bridges, are they really hard to set up? I've read that the older ones were nightmares, but the newer brass saddles are supposed to be good. I've never set them up before.

LReese

AFAIK, they still use the Wilkinson 3 swivel saddle bridge. Its a bit of a balancing act, but its the most adjustable 3 saddle unit I know of. Should get the intonation right on with that.

TheoDog

Silver Supporting Member
Several companies do compensated brass barrel saddles. I am happy with Callaham. I am not a Suhr player, but don't they do six saddles.

Husky

Several companies do compensated brass barrel saddles. I am happy with Callaham. I am not a Suhr player, but don't they do six saddles.
We use the Wilkison for tonal reasons. The swivel and adjuster screw allows you to dial it in perfectly if you have a little patience. Set your intonation with new strings, if it starts to go out the strings are shot or a string had issues. It should be a set and forget adjustment for the most part.

Reactions: Roe

Pseudohobbit

Silver Supporting Member
Awesome. Thanks, folks! Always good to hear from the man himself too. Definitely will have to go for the Classic T for my next axe.

Trending Topics