• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Setup problem on Strat

eurotrashed

I picked up a 2004 MIM Strat so I set the intonation and the Low E saddle was already pulled all the way back (Spring compressed all the way) and it is sharp at the 12th fret by 10 cents still. Is there anyway to get this thing to intonate? My other MIM has no problem intonating. But it seems Fender really cheaped out on MIM guitars between my 2000 and this 2004.

eurotrashed

That seems fine.

When I got it, it had no strings and the saddles were all the way up. I am no pro at setups, so I got the saddles around where they should be. But do you think the current saddle height could be throwing the intonation off?

Even if the strings are brand new, I'd try a new "E" string. I had this problem with an "A" one time with a new set of strings.

-SF

keefsdad

I picked up a 2004 MIM Strat so I set the intonation and the Low E saddle was already pulled all the way back (Spring compressed all the way) and it is sharp at the 12th fret by 10 cents still. Is there anyway to get this thing to intonate? My other MIM has no problem intonating. But it seems Fender really cheaped out on MIM guitars between my 2000 and this 2004.
You could take the spring out. I remember having to do that on a Strat once.

Mike9

Silver Supporting Member
If your nut slots aren't deep enough it will cause havoc with your intonation because the string goes sharp when you fret it at the 12th.

scottlr

I have 2 MIM Teles that are excellent quality. To me, the beauty of Fenders is that they are cookie cutter and as long as nothing is mis-drilled for assembly, it's hard to get a bad one (but not impossible), in my experience.

When I intonate, I lube every contact point. I think that eliminates pinching as a problem, so you can concentrate on any other problems that might be there.

eurotrashed

what did you do to fix it?
The bridge is slightly crooked. The bass side is father away closer to the pickguard than the treble side. I think the bridge just isn't set up right, because you can take the tension off and it sits right. So I just screwed the bridge flush against the body so it can't move and now its more inline.

Trending Topics