1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Seventy Seven Albatross Jazz semihollow

Discussion in 'Gear Demo Videos & Sound Clips Archive' started by jzucker, May 16, 2011.

1. jzucker

jzucker Supporting Member

2. mojazzmo

mojazzmo Member

Sounds very cool Jack. Have you tried or heard anything about their les paul copies? Also, who is carrying these guitars? How would I purchase one?

Thanks.

3. jzucker

Eiichi Yamamoto out of NJ is the distributor for the US currently. eastmongo@gmail.com

He sells them off ebay or you could email him.

4. jzucker

Someone asked me to compare the AS200 to the Albatross...

They are very different. I would say that the AS 200 gets more of that dark, thunky, plywood tone. You can turn the tone control down and get a methenyesque tone out of it. OTOH, the AS200 sounds a bit shrill for overdriven tones unless you're going for that ratty scofield tone. The Albatross has a much cleaner overall tone and has a better funk tone than the as 200 but doesn't have the plywood thunk to it. Gets a great overdriven tone and is more versatile. It's also a lot lighter. I'd probably play an AS200 if it were 8lbs but 9.5-10.5lbs is heavier than I want to play for 4 hours.